Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Electrical problem

Old 11-11-2005, 03:32 PM
HM-8404

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud of
Default Electrical problem

Ok, I've got a 1990 Honda Civic DX 4 Door 1.5L NO modifications what so ever.

All in the area where my heater/ac panel, stereo, cigarette lighter area is, has stopped working. However it works if I have the key in the auxiliary position. It started out as me having my radio on (re-wired to make sure its not grounding out or anything like that) and when I go to switch on the heat, everything in that panel would shut off (ac/heater, stereo, cigarette lighter). It used to come back on after awhile of driving but hasn't come back on since (unless the key is in auxiliary). Any help anyone can provide me with will be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have any questions for me, PLEASE ask me. Thanks in advance everyone.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Electrical problem

It's a keyswitch problem most likely, all those accessories run off of ignition switched power, so I'm guessing one of your sets of switch contacts is dirty or failing. The fact that it works with the key in aux is the big tipoff.. This means that everything is getting power like it's supposed to, but where the power comes from is faulty.