Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

DA electrical problem

Old 11-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Grippin the Grain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic
Default DA electrical problem

93 Acura Integra LS

Ok, weird situation. So, I went to warm up my car. I started it up and noticed that my dash lights weren't on, but the gauges still function. No biggie, probably a fuse I thought. I put the car in gear and drive only a couple of feet and my cd player turns off completely and my gauges on my A-pillar goes out completely. WTF? I pull the car up by the bay door to let it sit and warm up. I get out and walk around the car and find that my fog lights and my taillights are out. My headlights still work, but they're not as bright as usual and my brake lights still work. I did a quick check (since it was dark and raining) on my fuses and none of them seem to be blown. This problem has occured before when I took out my heater motor fuse, but the heater motor fuse is in and it seems to be fine. All input will be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: DA electrical problem

Check the wiring on the A pillar gauges. It's quite common for someone to pinch a wire against a body seam and short something out.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:25 PM
Registered Member

DODGESPIRIT_WOW has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Check the wiring on the A pillar gauges. It's quite common for someone to pinch a wire against a body seam and short something out.
u know too much
Old 11-16-2008, 05:39 AM
Grippin the Grain

importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic

Will do. I'll let you know how that goes.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:08 AM
Grippin the Grain

Car is fixed. I ran out and checked for pinched wires but all the wires were fine. Checked over my fuses again and found that the fuse for dashlights/tails/foglights was blown (my lighting problem). The heater motor fuse had a bad connection (my radio and A-pillar problem). Thanks for the help man.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Registered member

1aznTT 1aznTT 1aznTT

It's so true. You would be INCREDIBLY surprised what a single short would do...
Old 11-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by importfanatic
Car is fixed. I ran out and checked for pinched wires but all the wires were fine. Checked over my fuses again and found that the fuse for dashlights/tails/foglights was blown (my lighting problem). The heater motor fuse had a bad connection (my radio and A-pillar problem). Thanks for the help man.
Excellent. It's always nice when it's just a blown fuse. That is, as long as you can figure out why the fuse blew..