Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

electrical problem

Old 12-10-2003, 12:34 PM
DILLIGAF?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BadBeck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default electrical problem

Have no spark in the honda 95 EX Civic. replaced the cap and rotor, sitll no deal. Anyone have a clue what the prob might be, a friend was thinking a part in the distributor, something about halifax sensors??

anyone have any experience or info about this? My car needs to be running soon, so any help would be great!
Old 12-10-2003, 12:46 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Do you have no spark at all or just on a certain cylinder? Have you checked the ignition coil or igniter? If all cylinders are not firing, my money would be on the ignition coil. And as a mtter of fact I have one in stock and will sell it to you for $89.17

The part number is 30510-PT2-006

If that is your problem just give me a call at 961-5311 and if I don't answer just leave me a message on my voicemail and I will get back with you. By the way, my name is Scott.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:59 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

hall effect sensors.... not halifax..
The hall effect sensors are what put out the signal on every rotation of whatever part you're talking about..
Old 12-10-2003, 01:10 PM
DILLIGAF?

nobody ever said i could spell car parts. hehe. thx for the correction though i was spelling it phonetically.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:53 PM
DILLIGAF?

this has to be the worst tech forum i've ever encountered.
Old 12-11-2003, 02:58 AM
Registered Member

Fear This Fear This

Hal Effect=PIP=ignitor=control (something) in Honda speak. From my research, the ignitors are infamous on these cars. They are rouphly equivilant to a combo of the TFI and PIP in a ford (or other REAL car )

Since the the coil in internal on Vtechs, the cant really just test for spark at the coil. And since the ignitor/control thingy are about $170 and the coil is about $85, its hard to just throw parts at it. Best bet is to buy the parts from a store you can take them back too if you dont end up needing them (never admit you installed them) a nd try them out.

It should take 15 min and a screw driver. I am 95% sure that will fix it. You can also check all of your fuses and main fuse to see if any burned out.

this has to be the worst tech forum i've ever encountered.
Awww Becky, give them a break, these guys are mostly ricers and wannabes who drive honda here dear, cant expect a whole lot out of those kids Certainly not real timeslips
Old 12-11-2003, 06:50 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally posted by Fear This

Awww Becky, give them a break, these guys are mostly ricers and wannabes who drive honda here dear, cant expect a whole lot out of those kids Certainly not real timeslips
thems is fightin' words there ya nazi!

obviously you havent run some of the stock appearing civics here?

so if you dont know what the cars run, then shut your stinkin pie hole!!

as far as the not starting problem goes.....hondas did have problems with the ignitors going bad. how ever the last 2 cars that i worked on with this problem it ended up being the coil in both cases. i have a few extra coils lying around. before i changed any parts i would deffinately check all of my fuse under the dash and under the hood to make sure that its not it. would really suck to change out parts and it still not start!!

lemme know if you need any help, ill do what i can
Old 12-11-2003, 08:05 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Fear This
Believe what you may. I work at a Honda dealership and see vehicles with bad ignition coils on the daily. If you read my originial post again it doesn't say that the coil will absolutely fix his problem. It is the thing I would check first if I had no spark due to the fact that they are prone to go bad.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:16 AM
Registered Member

hondazccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Main relay?

Hey, a buddy of mine had no spark and he was diagnosing it, and found it to be the main relay, so check that out, maybe try and find someone with the same car, or with an interchangable part, and swap it in, and see if it will work then. And also check to make sure your spark plugs are good, and your not getting spark to any of the cylinders, or else it's a sparkplug/cable problem most likely.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:18 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

you can also check resistance on the coil and ignitor to verify which one has gone bad.

Quick Reply: electrical problem