Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Mustang GT tune?

Old 12-31-2006, 12:07 PM
Srsly.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Mustang GT tune?

Originally Posted by Aramis
Those are good numbers for a car weighing around 3400 lbs. No wonder they gave our GTOs a good run! As you can probably tell I have not done alot of research on the Mustangs. I got it for her birthday in Oct of 03, and haven't done anything with it other than the K&N. I keep it clean and the oil changed and she looks good in it......that's all that's mattered. But since our visit to Jeff Creech to get my goat tuned, we have both been wondering about the potential with her car and if a tune would do for her car as it did for mine.

Again...thanks for the info fellas, and happy new year to you all.
Mustangs are definitely lighter than your GTO and that does help them to put up a little fight with lesser horsepower. However, your LS2 GTO should have no problem running away from an automatic GT.

The 2V engine in the GT is a great engine. Those engine have been put to the test in taxis, police cars and other applications and have been found to be reliable to 300,000 miles when properly maintained.

The 2V engines have a ton of potential as well and LOVE boost. The weakest part of the engine is the connecting rods and pistons due to their hypereutectic construction. However, they're still adequate to ~450 RWHP. With an automatic GT, a more aggressive torque converter and some sticky tires really helps them get up and get going.

This engine isn't as responsive with bolt-ons in comparison to GM's LSX engines. This is a shinning example of the saying, "there's no replacement for displacement".

I'm glad I could help. Happy New Year as well.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:16 PM
OV-104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis
Default Re: Mustang GT tune?

^^^ dude knows his shit