Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Mustang GT tune?

Old 12-31-2006, 10:22 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aramis has disabled reputation
Default Mustang GT tune?

Does anyone here know of a shop or person who is considered an expert on tuning a 4.6L, locally or within a days drive of 757?

I just had my GTO tuned by Jeff Creech at CAM in Durham and whatta difference a tune makes in RWHP, RWTQ, and SOTP feel as opposed to stock. Jeff is considered THE tuner for GM cars in the Mid-Atlantic. Was hoping maybe I could find someone like Jeff to do the same thing for my wife's Mustang. It is a 2004 GT. The only mod is a K&N drop in.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Aramis; 12-31-2006 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:25 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Mustang GT tune?

For a modular engine, Ed Clark is the only person you need to consider. He works at Steen Racing and I think a few other places.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:25 AM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

Steen Racing in Norfolk. They did alot of work on my cuz's 04 gt. Excalibrator 2 is their big mod chip
Old 12-31-2006, 10:35 AM
Registered Member

Good deal ...thanks fellas!
Old 12-31-2006, 10:46 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Just a FYI for ya', but the LS2 responds very well to tunes. This is in part due to GM's pathetic at best, stock tuning for that engine. A '04 GT isn't going to see as much of a gain from a tune, especially if it's close to stock.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:48 AM
Registered Member

That's good info too....thanks man. So dont waste the time unless I plan to mod it then. I can't disagree with you. I was really surprised at how the tune woke my goat up. It's like a different car.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:53 AM
Pew pew pew pew

02GT has disabled reputation

If the car is automatic yes you will feel the difference on the tune. It will feel more sporty in a way. Definitly would do it.
But if its 5 speed, yeah you wont feel much until its has some mods on it.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:55 AM
Srsly.

Originally Posted by Aramis
That's good info too....thanks man. So dont waste the time unless I plan to mod it then. I can't disagree with you. I was really surprised at how the tune woke my goat up. It's like a different car.
A tune is only a waste of time for a '04 GT if it's stock. Ford did a decent job with the stock tune, hence why you won't see much of a gain from a dyno tune. If you plan on modifying it though, the tune will supplement your modifications and give you that much more power.

I tuned my Mach1 with only a cat-back, catted X-pipe and a intake. The main reason though was because I was afraid I was a little on the lean side and being the anal person that I am, I wanted it fixed.

When my Mach1 had only a cat-back, it dynoed 290/314 at All Aspects. Then with the addition of a intake, X-pipe and tune it dynoed 289/311 at Steen's dyno.

This of course, was mostly because the two dynos were calibrated differently. The car without a doubt ran better, felt stronger, and the track times reflected the tune also.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:59 AM
Registered Member

Again...good info from you guys. Her car is an auto....forgot to mention that.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:05 AM
Srsly.

Originally Posted by Aramis
Again...good info from you guys. Her car is an auto....forgot to mention that.
God help you then

Quick Reply: Mustang GT tune?