Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Mustang GT tune?

Old 12-31-2006, 11:08 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aramis has disabled reputation
Default Re: Mustang GT tune?

hehe...thanks man you have been most helpful.

By the way, just for shits and giggles, what is the avg rwhp and rwtq for a stock auto GT? Any idea?
Old 12-31-2006, 11:10 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

I would estimate 220-230 RWHP and 260-270RWTQ. The transmission in those cars is a power sponge.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:17 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by XCELR8
The transmission in those cars is a power sponge.
Especially if Ford puts in Torque management like GM does theirs. Those numbers are not too bad actually considering its rated at 260HP (I think) at the crank.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:21 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Aramis
Especially if Ford puts in Torque management like GM does theirs. Those numbers are not too bad actually considering its rated at 260HP (I think) at the crank.
It's not bad. The 260 horsepower rating is pretty accurate. If you use the generally accepted 15% drivetrain loss you're looking at:

260 * .15 = 39

260 -39 = 221

Obviously a automatic typically uses more power than a manual, but it's just an estimate.

It's my car they fucked up on (for the good fortunately). It's rated at 310 and put 290 down practically stock. The '03-'04 Cobras are the same way... only worse. I've heard dozens of times where completely stock '03-'04 Cobras would dyno 380RWHP when they're rated at 390.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:27 AM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

My cousin's 04 gt w/ borla catback, magnaflow x-pipe w/ high flow cats, intake, trickflow upper plenum, 75mm throttle body, exalibrator 2 chip, 4.10 gears(only the perf mods). Made 256.3 rwhp and 305.1 rwtq. Just an example for ya
Old 12-31-2006, 11:39 AM
Registered Member

bonestock94 has disabled reputation

Is steen good for pushrods??
Old 12-31-2006, 11:42 AM
Srsly.

Originally Posted by Overkill
Is steen good for pushrods??
I can't really speak on that. They're best with modulars, that's all I know.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

bonestock94 has disabled reputation

Ah ok
Old 12-31-2006, 11:44 AM
Registered Member

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

I would recomend Brent at DynoTuned Performance as I have seen him tune a lot of mustangs. 549-3966
Old 12-31-2006, 11:57 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by XCELR8
It's not bad. The 260 horsepower rating is pretty accurate. If you use the generally accepted 15% drivetrain loss you're looking at:

260 * .15 = 39

260 -39 = 221

Obviously a automatic typically uses more power than a manual, but it's just an estimate.

It's my car they fucked up on (for the good fortunately). It's rated at 310 and put 290 down practically stock. The '03-'04 Cobras are the same way... only worse. I've heard dozens of times where completely stock '03-'04 Cobras would dyno 380RWHP when they're rated at 390.

Those are good numbers for a car weighing around 3400 lbs. No wonder they gave our GTOs a good run! As you can probably tell I have not done alot of research on the Mustangs. I got it for her birthday in Oct of 03, and haven't done anything with it other than the K&N. I keep it clean and the oil changed and she looks good in it......that's all that's mattered. But since our visit to Jeff Creech to get my goat tuned, we have both been wondering about the potential with her car and if a tune would do for her car what it did for mine.

Again...thanks for the info fellas, and happy new year to you all.

Quick Reply: Mustang GT tune?