Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

LS/vtec ECU problems.

Old 12-08-2006, 05:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma
Default Re: LS/vtec ECU problems.

Originally Posted by JayDM
Bobby, if you really want to see the potential of your motor, I'm sure I can get an AEM for you to dyno with.
AEM would be the prime choice
Old 12-08-2006, 05:47 AM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Enigma
How high did you push the fuel pressure?

That is an old trick used in the V8's, not to be used on Hondas. These things have computers that do more than you can imagine.. use the computer. Here, pgmfi.org, go read up

If this is a LS/VTEC, get the VAFCII.. even though they are purely CRAP.. it is better having the ability to adjust the VTEC crossover points. Honestly, DON'T USE THESE.

Fuk an LS/VTEC.. save your money, there are better builds.
He bumped the fuel too high (60psi), but if you pay attention to the question I asked you, and figure it out, you will see that the car is not as lean as it sounds. I told Bobby not to go much over 5psi increase.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:48 AM
Registered Member

EGbobby is on a distinguished road

Bobby, if you really want to see the potential of your motor, I'm sure I can get an AEM for you to dyno with.
k well i just dont really want to spend more than $200 bucks because the gsr motor is going in soon. and if you can get an AEM for me to dyno with then i should not make that deal for the p28/safcII correct?

How high did you push the fuel pressure?

That is an old trick used in the V8's, not to be used on Hondas. These things have computers that do more than you can imagine.. use the computer. Here, pgmfi.org, go read up

If this is a LS/VTEC, get the VAFCII.. even though they are purely CRAP.. it is better having the ability to adjust the VTEC crossover points. Honestly, DON'T USE THESE.

matt from millenium told me to turn up the fuel pressure about 10lbs. he said that it should have fixed it but it didnt. so i turned it back down to 48lbs.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:49 AM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh, I've had pretty good luck with LS/VTEC

276/170 all mota

*Im compressionfed on HT*
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1329162
Old 12-08-2006, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by EGbobby
k well i just dont really want to spend more than $200 bucks because the gsr motor is going in soon. and if you can get an AEM for me to dyno with then i should not make that deal for the p28/safcII correct?

matt from millenium told me to turn up the fuel pressure about 10lbs. he said that it should have fixed it but it didnt. so i turned it back down to 48lbs.
Use the computer, your pressure should only be about +5 psi over stock unless you just ahve an UBER turbo set-up and she just drinks fuel.

Gosh, I've had pretty good luck with LS/VTEC

276/170 all mota

*Im compressionfed on HT*
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1329162
Those numbers aren't bad at all, but they aren't the best.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:06 AM
All-Motor Street Car

Now you have deffinetly proven your ignorance. A 92mm crank b series with 276whp is in the top 1% of builds.

Matt from Abacus made 27x? with a 95 crank

Shad is right at the 280-290 mark with a big K motor

I have seen several 300+ B series dyno's that run on meth

I can tell you dont have much experience, other than surfing chat rooms.

Last edited by JayDM; 12-08-2006 at 06:10 AM.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:16 AM

Now you have deffinetly proven your ignorance. A 92mm crank b series with 276whp is in the top 1% of builds.

Matt from Abacus made 27x? with a 95 crank

Shad is right at the 280-290 mark with a big K motor

I have seen several 300+ B series dyno's that run on meth

I can tell you dont have much experience, other than surfing chat rooms.
Alot of experience I am lacking, only surfing chat rooms is a big bust on your part.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:17 AM
All-Motor Street Car

Not from the comments you make.

Better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it...
Old 12-08-2006, 06:19 AM
All-Motor Street Car

You have contributed no intellegint insight what so ever in this thread. The only knowledge you seem to shed light on, is to "TUNE" it.

Oh, and "uber turbo setups drink lots of fuel"
Old 12-08-2006, 06:22 AM

You have contributed no intellegint insight what so ever in this thread. The only knowledge you seem to shed light on, is to "TUNE" it.

Oh, and "uber turbo setups drink lots of fuel"
Thanks

I'll go back to surfing the chat rooms, lol

Quick Reply: LS/vtec ECU problems.