Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

LS/vtec ECU problems.

Old 12-08-2006, 06:22 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EGbobby is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LS/vtec ECU problems.

hey j whats your email address ill send you my build i wrote it up on ms word.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:24 AM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EGbobby
hey j whats your email address ill send you my build i wrote it up on ms word.
PM sent
Old 12-08-2006, 06:25 AM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Enigma
Thanks

I'll go back to surfing the chat rooms, lol
Good idea.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:13 AM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

Ha, I finally found your "question from before":

Originally Posted by JayDM
Here's a question for all you super honda tech's (get google ready)

His lambda reading fluctuated between .96 and 1.06.

What does this mean?
If memory sreves me right.. isn't that in the 11-12:1 range? That's a mighty rich A/F ratio. Maybe get it "TUNED" and pull some fuel out of it.

EDIT: Wait I might be wrong? Which wide-band was he using? It might be lower.. like 10:1.

Now you have deffinetly proven your ignorance. A 92mm crank b series with 276whp is in the top 1% of builds.

Matt from Abacus made 27x? with a 95 crank

Shad is right at the 280-290 mark with a big K motor

I have seen several 300+ B series dyno's that run on meth

I can tell you dont have much experience, other than surfing chat rooms.
So, you admit you don't have the best

Not many can do that.

Last edited by Enigma; 12-08-2006 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Brain-fart.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:10 AM
All-Motor Street Car

What the fuck are you talking about man? Are you really that stupid, or are you just fucking with me?

1 lamda = 14.7 A/F

The car is not running rich, it's slightly lean.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:12 AM
Kimchee Wiggler

Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed

On a serious note to the OP, get a tune either by Hondata, Crome or AEM. The Crome will be the cheapest out there and work just as well as the other systems IMO.

Now talking about Jay's set up, he does have one of the HIGHEST HP B series motors out there, he posted bigger motors that made more power sure BUT still his motor had made alot of power at that time as well. Ran pretty well for limited seat time. LS/VTEC is an AWESOME COMBINATION, I run one and it runs pretty well. The OP is not having issues because of what motor he has, it needs a tune especially with some CTR pistons in it which has got him 13:1 ish CR
Old 12-08-2006, 10:37 AM

What the fuck are you talking about man? Are you really that stupid, or are you just fucking with me?

1 lamda = 14.7 A/F

The car is not running rich, it's slightly lean.
Heh, I was thinking voltage

And it would depend on the sensor used.

EDIT: Wow, I was right. Different sensors will produce different voltage (lambda) for the A/R.

Last edited by Enigma; 12-08-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Boostfed
On a serious note to the OP, get a tune either by Hondata, Crome or AEM. The Crome will be the cheapest out there and work just as well as the other systems IMO.

Now talking about Jay's set up, he does have one of the HIGHEST HP B series motors out there, he posted bigger motors that made more power sure BUT still his motor had made alot of power at that time as well. Ran pretty well for limited seat time. LS/VTEC is an AWESOME COMBINATION, I run one and it runs pretty well. The OP is not having issues because of what motor he has, it needs a tune especially with some CTR pistons in it which has got him 13:1 ish CR
He posts 276 hp and 170 ft./lbs. and claims something fierce. Aren't there some near stock EVO's on here that can take that and eat it too?

It is one thing to have something nice and be modest about it, it is another thing to think you are "God'd Gift to Racing". Which is funny, becuase my original statement of "people talking out of their asses" wasn't directed at him.. although he became extremely defensive at the remark which indicates LMS or his own insecurity.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Kimchee Wiggler

Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed

Originally Posted by Enigma
He posts 276 hp and 170 ft./lbs. and claims something fierce. Aren't there some near stock EVO's on here that can take that and eat it too?

It is one thing to have something nice and be modest about it, it is another thing to think you are "God'd Gift to Racing". Which is funny, becuase my original statement of "people talking out of their asses" wasn't directed at him.. although he became extremely defensive at the remark which indicates LMS or his own insecurity.

DUDE he had an ALL MOTOR LS/VTEC no Nitrous, no turbo no supercharger. That is mad impressive for an All Motor B Series. An EVO has a turbo from the factory come on. Also Jay's car had run a best of 11.7@121mph last year, it had power to run low 11's possibly high 10's, what ALL MOTOR EVO is doing that?

Last edited by Boostfed; 12-08-2006 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:09 AM

Power is power, no matter how you make it.

All motor, turbo, nitrous.. they all make power, some much more than others.

Arrogance crosses all bridges of diversity.

Quick Reply: LS/vtec ECU problems.