Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

car heating problem

Old 01-07-2005, 05:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bLazn MonkEy has disabled reputation
Default car heating problem

i have a 94 integra with a gsr motor i recently swaped out my thermostat because it stayed open all the time and my car never got warm enough. Now when i drive long distances the temp goes above half stays there then it goes back to normal it fluctuates like that until i get to where im going. now i checked my fan and the fan relay thet work perfectly. can anyone give me some input i'm confused.

oh... i swaped out my flywheel and clutch for a performance one the same time i swaped out my thermostat..... if that helps... aight peace!
Old 01-07-2005, 08:39 AM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF
Default Re: car heating problem

Your coolant level is probably low. The fluctations are from the air bubbles running through the system. Fill the radiator with the car running to make sure it is truly full.

(Which means you need to take the rad cap off when cool, start the car and wait for a few minutes...you should see the coolant flowing throught radiator and more than likely the level will drop. Just top it off and call it a day).
Old 01-07-2005, 02:43 PM

i already tried that method.... could it be that my thermostat isnt opening up all tha way?
Old 01-07-2005, 02:45 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Does it do it on the highway or just in stop-go traffic?
Old 01-07-2005, 02:47 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

my supra used to do that. but i was in chicago in -40 degree weather. and i still don't think it dropped all the way just back to like 100degrees mebe?
Old 01-07-2005, 03:49 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

do you have the coolant hoses at the water pipe on correctly?

that causes issues on a hondas when someone doesnt know how the coolant flow is.

but it sounds like you have an airlock issue.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:49 AM

projsr20det projsr20det projsr20det projsr20det projsr20det projsr20det

Most of the Hondas that I have worked on have bleeders.

Is there a bleeder on your ride and did you bleed your system? They are usually on or near the t-stat housing.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:13 AM

i have the water hoses on correctly.... i think it is a airlock problem and my car only overheats on the highway