Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Vtec Problem PLEASE HELP

Old 02-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jasonboyce03 has disabled reputation
Default Vtec Problem PLEASE HELP

ok i have a poor mans type r swap in my integra (b16 head gsr block) i start up the car let it warm up a little then vtec engages like 2 or 3 times then stops. and wont work again for a while until i turn it off and let it sit for a while. changed the oil, the solenoid,no check engine lights, the oil pressure light doesnt come on any ideas would help me a lot
Old 02-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Registered member

sears has disabled reputation
Default Re: Vtec Problem PLEASE HELP

Originally Posted by jasonboyce03
ok i have a poor mans type r swap in my integra (b16 head gsr block) i start up the car let it warm up a little then vtec engages like 2 or 3 times then stops. and wont work again for a while until i turn it off and let it sit for a while. changed the oil, the solenoid,no check engine lights, the oil pressure light doesnt come on any ideas would help me a lot
How's your speed sensor?
Old 02-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

Low VTEC fluid. Seen it all the time.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Registered Member

WheelPowerRacin has disabled reputation

The screen thats connected to the VTEC spool assembly o-ring, did you check that? The ECU can disable VTEC due to the knock sensor input or low oil pressure at the VTEC spool (why you should check the screen for debris) Also check your wires & connectors (single wire to the solenoid, 2 wire green connector to the pressure switch). I've seen this before on new race motors, where break-in particles plug the screen. As the car sits the particles fall away from the screen, when activated oil flowing thru it causes the screen to re-plug and drop pressure at the spool assembly. But you should be getting a CEL if its low oil pressure at the spool (But not the oil idiot light) You didnt say what ecu or program you are using, which can be important as some of the JDM B16 spool assemblies dont have a pressure switch, so the ECU's can be programmed to ignore VTEC pressure switch input.

Last edited by WheelPowerRacin; 02-27-2012 at 07:27 PM.