Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

CRX Problem --- PLEASE HELP ME

Old 04-21-2003, 04:40 PM
Blow Me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stillpushin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CRX Problem --- PLEASE HELP ME

This shit is really pissing me off. My car just cuts off on me everyonce in a while. Usually when i am at an idle but sometimes when i am cruising. I have to start it back up and it is good for a little while longer. The fuel pump primes. Distributor and plugs are good and i can hear the main relay click on when i turn the key. So if you guys have any idea let me know please. (91 crx si)
Old 04-21-2003, 04:43 PM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

check the battery and the alternator...check alternator by starting the car then unplug the batt.
thats all i got for ya

trevor
Old 04-21-2003, 05:09 PM
Blow Me

No that is not it. Just the other day my altenator belt went and i was running on battery for a lil while sat. night. Replaced the beslt and battery warning light turns off and bat. charged right up. so thats not it but thanks for your help.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:34 PM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

np good luck
Old 04-21-2003, 06:00 PM
Omerta

itsaqwik1 itsaqwik1 itsaqwik1 itsaqwik1 itsaqwik1 itsaqwik1 itsaqwik1 itsaqwik1 itsaqwik1 itsaqwik1 itsaqwik1

His car is really givin him alot of problems rite now ...its seems like his car just cuts off out of no where... it doesnt matter hows hes drivin ..it will just cut off.... or we wil turn it on and go under the hood to listen and it will just cut off... any ideas?
Old 04-21-2003, 06:14 PM
hybrid no more :(

Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert

i'm guessing that the car doesn't idle down then goes off...it turns off just like turning the key off...check all your grounds...ground on thermostat housing as well as battery grounds...also could be your main relay...i had problems w/ my main relay in my 91 hb(still do acutally)...it really sounds like a grounding problem..if it was a short then you would be busting fuses or damaging some electrical components...
Old 04-21-2003, 06:29 PM
Blow Me

Thanks for the input, could it still be the relay if i can hear it click on.
Old 04-22-2003, 06:44 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

check your connections at the distributor. i have seen the pins come out of the plugs just enough to make it cut off. believe me i had to find out the hard way!!!!!
Old 04-22-2003, 06:59 AM
INNOVATIVE AUTO INC.

Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg

does your car cut off during anything other than idle, so you are coasting to a stop with the clutch depressed and it cuts off right, and at idle it will cut off right. if so it just sounds as if your aux air valve isn't controlling the curb idle. just set the ecu in self test mode and turn the idle screw to the left, maybe 2 or 300 rpms higher, but make sure to set the ecu or the ecu will not learn the new setting and you are back to square one again!! good-luck
Old 04-22-2003, 09:26 AM
hybrid no more :(

Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert

it probably isn't the relay but it doesn't hurt to check...it takes about 10 minutes to check...so why not...one less thing that can cause the problem...help you narrow down your problem...

Quick Reply: CRX Problem --- PLEASE HELP ME