Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

turboing the automatic lude

Old 11-07-2006, 10:09 PM
HollyLeuia HollaBack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
greekfreak greekfreak
Default turboing the automatic lude

Ok I did ridicoulus searching, well I have been building up turbokit, Its pretty much put together by me, and is pretty much a DSM setup with a 14b turbo(when I get it ).My car is automatic, and I was wondering, should I go ahead and turbo it? what would be some downsides? and with the DSM manifold should I be able to keep PS and AC ? I am would be pushin around 5-6 psi. I geussing maybe 190-200whp, and mid/high 14sec 1/4 time. Im going to run it with a DSM Sidemount IC, Dsm bov also.Will my Transmision and motor be able to handle the boost? the motor is at 128k miles and the tranny at 43k miles, This is my daily driver so I drive it alot. I need some reasurance on some things, any help is welcome
Old 11-08-2006, 08:41 AM
Ich liebe Bier

BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin
Default Re: turboing the automatic lude

motor.. probably. transmission.. no
Old 11-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Default Re: turboing the automatic lude

Originally Posted by greekfreak
Ok I did ridicoulus searching, well I have been building up turbokit, Its pretty much put together by me, and is pretty much a DSM setup with a 14b turbo(when I get it ).My car is automatic, and I was wondering, should I go ahead and turbo it? what would be some downsides? and with the DSM manifold should I be able to keep PS and AC ? I am would be pushin around 5-6 psi. I geussing maybe 190-200whp, and mid/high 14sec 1/4 time. Im going to run it with a DSM Sidemount IC, Dsm bov also.Will my Transmision and motor be able to handle the boost? the motor is at 128k miles and the tranny at 43k miles, This is my daily driver so I drive it alot. I need some reasurance on some things, any help is welcome
Hey man,

I just got done with this saga.. kept the setup for about two years.. I have an H23 95 prelude, I went the HMT route, used an OBX DSM manifold, 300zx 60 trim t3, p06 ecu, fabbed downpipe/etc..

You can keep A/C and PS fine, you will have to notch the block about 1/4" for turbo clearance. I tuned my car myself, made 200 whp on a dynojet at 4.5ish psi, 9.1 in the 1/8 at 78.xx mph, wasn't too bad, upped it to 9 psi and it was noticeably quicker, never went to the track/dyno with it like that however.

Basically, I just de-turboed my car, decided I wanted something else, project car.. my car is still doin good, perfect compression etc..

I have all of my parts if you want to buy anything, matter of fact I would sell you everything u need including injectors, except for my p06 ecu, for $750 shipped to get it off my hands..

cardomain.com/id/garnxe

lots of stuff, but the main stuff

-.63 a/r turbine, 60 trim compressor t3 garret, rebuilt w/stagger gap turbine ring, ceramic coated turbine housing and center section, still perfect
-2.5" stainless downpipe
-44mm wastegate
-dumptube
-dsm blacktop (2nd gen) 440cc injectors
-OBX SFP copy stainless manifold, no cracks or anything, already drilled for H23
-all stainless, firewall t mount, oil feed line, even adapters and t are stainless
-oil restrictor/inlet for turbo
-stainless 10an drain
-1g DSM BOV, water injection provision
-my tuned map (if you go another route and need this contact me)
-bunch of other stuff..
-saab 900 all aluminum intercooler
-basically everything except for charge piping and an ecu..