Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

??'s about turboing my civic

Old 11-30-2006, 04:12 PM
cubs 4 life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boostedgst97 has disabled reputation
Default ??'s about turboing my civic

im thinking of boosting my Honda there are a few ?? i have
1 is the motor currently is strong but has 106k on it is it worth boosting im talking 6-8 psi daily driver hardly ever gonna see the track.
2 if its ok to boost with 106k what extra steps should be taken to make sure the motor last
3 if i turbo it is there anyway to keep the ac intact and working this one is a big issue for me if so what mani do i need and everything like that
4 how hard and long will it take to install
any recommendations on turbos i was thinking 14b dsm turbo
this is gonna be done on a 99 civic ex d16y8
thanks for the help guys
Old 12-01-2006, 02:11 AM
cubs 4 life

Default Re: ??'s about turboing my civic

anybody
Old 12-01-2006, 03:15 AM
Justa lil 6

Dang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the rough

fuel. fuel. fuel. get tuned asap. get an A/C compatiable manifold to retain a/c, the install shouldnt take more then a few hours with simple hand tools.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:47 AM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

Have money for a tune ready when it's boosted.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:16 AM
Registered member

whiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these parts

go to www.d-series.org

there you will find everything you need to know about turbo'ing your D
Old 12-01-2006, 05:34 AM
Registered Member

joshuaa3 has disabled reputation

go to homemadeturbo.com
Old 12-01-2006, 05:45 AM
MP5
Team Rad Racing

MP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by boostedgst97
im thinking of boosting my Honda there are a few ?? i have
1 is the motor currently is strong but has 106k on it is it worth boosting im talking 6-8 psi daily driver hardly ever gonna see the track.
Are you asking if the motor is strong or are you saying it is? A simply compression test and leakdown test will tell you if it is or not. As far as it being worth boosting is up to you. You will have to run premium gas while boosted.

2 if its ok to boost with 106k what extra steps should be taken to make sure the motor last
TUNE! Not a week after you install the kit either. The day you install the kit have it tuned. No FMU!
3 if i turbo it is there anyway to keep the ac intact and working this one is a big issue for me if so what mani do i need and everything like that
yes you can keep ac, just buy an ac friendly manifold.
4 how hard and long will it take to install
any recommendations on turbos i was thinking 14b dsm turbo
this is gonna be done on a 99 civic ex d16y8
thanks for the help guys
Installing a turbo kit is about the same as doing a header and cold air intake install at the same time. In addition to that you will have oil feed and return lines. Tapping an oil pan isnt difficult, just make sure you tap it in a good spot. The oil feed should be "T"ed off the oil pressure switch underneath the intake manifold near the oil filter. Besides that you have vacume lines to run to a blow off, wastegate, and boost controller if you have one as well as a boost gauge.

Only way a turbo kit is hard to install is if the kit you have doesnt fit correctly.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:08 AM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

I would never boost a non boosted motor if it has over 50k on the clock. But I really don't like boost. Not that it sucks but I am a pussy,
Old 12-01-2006, 07:20 AM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

if you use a 14b, it will be hard to free up the space to keep it A/C compatible. The turbine outlet housing (o2 housing) is bulky. Change that and you should be able to work it. As stated earlier, the sites posted up top are great sources of info. Tune is a must.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:00 AM
cubs 4 life

how much would it cost me for somebody who has done this before to install it or atleast help me i should have all tools at my house or i could bring it to you. when tuning just a simple safc would work correct. also if the 14b isnt ac compatiable is a t3t4 or a t25

Quick Reply: ??'s about turboing my civic