Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Turbo upgrade??

Old 01-31-2004, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C - The - T is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Turbo upgrade??

how much will it cost me to upgrade my stock turbo on my 97 ecplise gst to a i beleive its a t28 turbo from a nissan???? i got the turbo what else do i need a how much would it all end up costing me???
Old 01-31-2004, 11:09 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: Turbo upgrade??

it all depends on what turbo you want, what size, brand, etc....most turbos go for about 600 bucks AT THE LEAST, other brands and places sell them for more, if your upgrading your turbo and you buy it from a place that is specifically dealing with dsm's than you prolly wont need anything else as long as you get the right shit, a friend of mine put his new turbo on his stock manifold and his upgraded downpipe worked with the stock and the bigger turbo, if your planning on running more boost you might want to also think about an upgraded intercooler and fuel system........
Old 01-31-2004, 02:07 PM

mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont think the nissan T28 will bolt up to your manifold.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:17 PM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

You need to worry about a wastegate, both "should" be internal... fine there
Header to turbo flange, need to be identicle..
The elbow patern needs to be the same, so you can put your old on on the t28 - this is probably where you will be screwed.
Cooling.. If the stock one isnt water cooled, it will be a bitch to try to make the new one watercooled if it has the jacket.. and the oil taps need to be the same size... and in the same position... but you can just rotate the housings to make them line up...

Other than - the 2 exhuast housing flanges, oil lines, coolant lines, and both being internal waste gates.. you should be fine... make sure the internal waste gate on the t28 is set to a low enough boost you dont melt a piston.. I don tknow your engine or what they handle so I don tknow what boost you should run.. but just dont slap it on there and think everything is good...
Old 02-01-2004, 06:32 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

You sure it's a nissan turbo? I did not know nissan made a t28. Make sure it is not the mitsubishi t28 that you have. Also let us know a little bit more so we can help. Do you have a 1g or a 2g DSM? For all of your flanges and other custom needs check out www.diamondstarmotorsport.com
Old 02-01-2004, 08:50 AM

mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nissan doesnt "make" a T28, but it comes on the GTiR SR20DET.