Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Suspension Setup [Honda]

Old 01-30-2004, 05:41 AM
Awesome.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E
Default Suspension Setup [Honda]

Alright, I'm looking into a new suspension set up because I am not happy at all with my Tokico Illuminas and Ground Control coilovers. I don't think I need or want a full coilover set up, so for now that's out of the question. The car the set up is going on is a '93 Honda Civic CX. Now the questions:

-I'm thinking about getting Integra spring rates, maybe a tad less, on some Eibach springs. Will Koni Yellows designed for my car be sufficient?

-Or should I upgrade to Koni's designed for an Integra?

-What if I just got Eibach springs and Koni shocks designed for an Integra? Will that work? What, if anything, will need to be upgraded?

Feel free to throw out some other reasonable ideas or ask questions that will help you help me, but I must tell you that I am pretty set on getting Eibach springs and Koni Yellow's. The car is my daily driver, but being 100% comfortable is not a huge concern (no a/c, no p/s and semi gutted interior already). I hope to get out to a couple autocross events, and to some 1/4 mile tracks with it as well.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:55 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of
Default Re: Suspension Setup [Honda]

I would go with a set of Koni Yellows and try to get a spring with a rate of around 400-450 for the front and 300-350 for the rear. I would also look into a set of front and rear ITR sways. You will love yourself for that, trust me. But do not use swaybars that large if you plan to run spring rates lower than those listed above. It is very possible to rip the threads out of the rear subframe with lower spring rates. Just my opinion though. For what you are going to spend on that setup though, why not go with something like a Tein Basic setup?
Old 01-30-2004, 06:33 AM

chidoks is an unknown quantity at this point

koni yellow's with ground controls and 450f/350r spring rates...

Originally Posted by 0psi
I would go with a set of Koni Yellows and try to get a spring with a rate of around 400-450 for the front and 300-350 for the rear. I would also look into a set of front and rear ITR sways. You will love yourself for that, trust me. But do not use swaybars that large if you plan to run spring rates lower than those listed above. It is very possible to rip the threads out of the rear subframe with lower spring rates. Just my opinion though. For what you are going to spend on that setup though, why not go with something like a Tein Basic setup?
Old 01-30-2004, 06:49 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Thanks for quick replies!

Originally Posted by 0psi
For what you are going to spend on that setup though, why not go with something like a Tein Basic setup?
Honestly, I haven't looked into a full coilover set up a lot because it hasn't been a big concern. I had the Eibach/Koni set up on my Integra and had no complaints with it, and I can get them for a reall good price, much lower than the Tein set up, which is also a big factor . And it seems when I do look for info on full coilovers, the info on them is hard to find. You get a lot of etc.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:00 AM
i like prom.

urvtecs2slo has disabled reputation

cut the springs in half. use lots of duct tape.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:01 AM
I'm audi5000.

nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere.

and super glue.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:52 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

Well considering that ground control coilovers use eibach springs, why don't you just get different spring rates with the new shocks?
Old 01-30-2004, 11:30 AM
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1

I personally would reverse those spring rates....400f/450r. ITR sways will help a lot, and the koni yellows are crucial.
full coilovers are not generally valved aggressively enough for my tastes, and are more difficult/expensive to get revalved.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:39 AM
why5oh

jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s

arospeed coilovers and never look back. NEVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2004, 06:54 PM
i like prom.

urvtecs2slo has disabled reputation

dropzone is where the hot shit is at. on the real.

Quick Reply: Suspension Setup [Honda]