Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

SR20DET power graph comparisons

Old 11-05-2002, 02:29 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default SR20DET power graph comparisons

both runs @15psi
BLUE= stock cams, stock pistons, stock intake manifold
BLACK/GREY= JWT S4 cams, 9:1 pistons, Greddy intake manifold
RED=12 or 13psi i cant remember

with the motor in the lighter S13 now, it feels like there was no low end loss, but you can see there was up to 70hp lost in some areas with the new setup.

If things pan out right, i'll have a chart overlay of a 9:1 motor vs. a 8.5:1 motor so i'll keep y'all updated. this thing is all top end. its like a H motor wants to rev forever, look no rolloff.

i never did a 20psi pull on the stock block so i dont have a 20psi stock vs. my 457rwhp built chart.

Old 11-05-2002, 02:41 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

well at least you know it's breathing well. maybe the low-end loss will actually help with traction. how laggy does it feel out of the hole? that shit's still way impressive, all 3 runs. you're over 300 hp at the wheels with a stock sds setup?

what's the deal with the spikes in the blue graph? was there something wrong with your boost controller/wastegate? or is that normal? i can see it never really lost power...

anyway, glad to see it's back on the road again. are you going with the rest of the crew at millenium to mir this weekend?
Old 11-05-2002, 02:47 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

lag is an issue in the higher gears but thats what they call a "downshift" ahhaah......its not bad at all if i stomp it out of a light. there is lag yes, but i drive around it.

tthe blue graph was the first time i took the stock motor to 15psi so my BC wasnt set right and i was hitting overboost so it was going 16-14 psi until i trimmed it right at about 5500rpm.

i'll be at MIR yes, may not be tip top shape but it will be there on the track.

the ECU is the Electromotive TEC II
Old 11-05-2002, 02:56 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

ah right, you had the tec-II on your 96, if i'm not mistaken.

how is it when shifting gears in a drag race? does it put you right back in the powerband? if so then i wouldn't even worry about lag except out of the hole. that's kind of how my car is, it pulls harder than a gsr from 4500 up but it's like an ex below 4000. trying to launch into the powerband without spinning or bogging is hard as fuck. nothing slicks and a 6000 rpm clutch dump couldn't take care of though lol.

hopefully i'll be able to join you guys at mir this weekend. maybe i'll even take the ka24e down the 1320 one last time (and hopefully not blow it up).
Old 11-05-2002, 03:05 PM
Registered Member

Shifting gears is absolutely nuts, takes me right to 6000 where that big jump is....look closely there appears to be a slight jump at 6,000 that you can feel so much. 1st and 2nd gears are only fun on slicks. 3rd/4th/5th make me cry

i just bought another TEC II so we may see a KAT in the works, everything from the white car swapped over to the red car, white car back to stock powerplant and loving it.

i'm too much of a pussy to do a clutch dump. i slip way to much outta the hole then dump it. Dave N. keeps telling me i'm gonna hit the rear bumper on the ground one day. my goal is to lift the front wheels!!!! i'm gonna take of the sway bar and try it one day.
Old 11-05-2002, 03:13 PM
master debater

shit- 450 hp in a mustang will yank the wheels off the ground... the only difference is they also make about 475 ft-lb of torque at 3000 rpm. .

but damn it would be nice to see a 240 lifting the front wheels... if you ever do it, let me know how.