Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

power fc for sr20det

Old 08-01-2005, 02:40 PM
master debater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout
Default power fc for sr20det

i'm going to look at a car tomorrow, i was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with tuning a power fc. the guy who has the car says the car is untuned at the moment. what all does this entail? does it mean it's just not running to its fullest potential, or does it mean that i'm going to have to get it tuned before i'll be able to drive it hard at all? and how much would it cost to get a workable tune on it? i of course plan on dyno tuning it eventually, but i'd like to feel comfortable putting it off for a month or two at least without having to worry about any driveability concerns. any help?

thanks.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Seh-Fee-Ro

yokojzz30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: power fc for sr20det

powerfc's come pretuned if im not mistaken and its tunable w/ the fc controller...pm rhombus or slowlexus...they have experiance w/ said ecu
Old 08-01-2005, 05:57 PM
Registered Member

Dick has disabled reputation

justed p-m you andy
Old 08-01-2005, 08:10 PM
still alive

gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele

a tune at a power exel shop will run you anywhere from 500-700 bucks, but it will be done right since they have to be certified by apexi before they get the software to tune the pfc. the base tune is fine for driving around town, but im running pretty lean, and when i get into boost, my a/f goes goes below 10.0, hardly good. im planning on going to columbus sc for a tune at a power excel shop down there. i figure if im going to pay someone to tune my car ill pay someone who apexi puts their name behind, even if it means a road trip.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:06 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

yeah i hear you, let me know how that goes. i take it sc is the closest power excel shop? if there's one here in maryland i may check that out...
Old 08-02-2005, 01:53 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by gpeele
but im running pretty lean, and when i get into boost, my a/f goes goes below 10.0, hardly good.
pssst.. the lower the #, the richer you're running. so 10.0 and below is pretty darn rich.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:05 PM
WIKAP WIKAP PLBTTTTT

eeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by blackout
yeah i hear you, let me know how that goes. i take it sc is the closest power excel shop? if there's one here in maryland i may check that out...
the highest hp SR20det in the US (668whp) uses a Power FC and resides in Blacksburg. I'm sure he can tune the car.
contact info:
http://www.rhombus-tuning.com/
Old 08-04-2005, 03:00 PM
master debater

Originally Posted by eeterp
the highest hp SR20det in the US (668whp) uses a Power FC and resides in Blacksburg. I'm sure he can tune the car.
contact info:
http://www.rhombus-tuning.com/
thanks, i'll definitely keep them in mind. for now i think i'm going to do as much research as i can and ATTEMPT to tune it myself because it's basically stock, but i may have to call on someone with experience if i feel like i get in over my head.

wow, i got a lot of really good replies from this thread. thanks to all who contributed!
Old 08-04-2005, 04:20 PM
WIKAP WIKAP PLBTTTTT

eeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to all

well, if you want to learn to DIY, here are some links:
downloadable maps:
http://home.comcast.net/~nzo/

PFC tuning discussion:
http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...=&fpart=1&vc=1

Further detailed PFC discussion:
http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...=&fpart=1&vc=1

good luck and DON'T BLOW UP YOUR CAR!
Old 08-07-2005, 10:56 PM
still alive

gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele

Originally Posted by Carter
pssst.. the lower the #, the richer you're running. so 10.0 and below is pretty darn rich.
my mistake i should have explained that better. when i drive around town i usually stay out of boost, and my air/fuel is what i consider high for a turbo car, between 14-15, when i start building boost my a/f takes a noise dive and gets rich as hell, hence the <10/1 ratio and high egts. i appologize for the confusion.

yeah will do on the tune. hopefully ill be able to get it done early september, i just got back from vacation and money is a bit scarce right now. the next closest p/exel shop is in queens, nyc.

Last edited by gpeele; 08-07-2005 at 11:20 PM.

Quick Reply: power fc for sr20det