Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

How do I get my fucking axles off?

Old 11-05-2002, 02:43 PM
HHIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite
Default How do I get my fucking axles off?

Well....how do I do it? I got the nut off the end of the hub and the castle nut off the bottom of the control arm. The control arm is stuck on there and I couldn't get it with the two jaw puller I have. HELP! ! ! ! ! ! I want to get the motor out this week.
Old 11-05-2002, 02:45 PM
Dont sleep

LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS

ur serious?
Old 11-05-2002, 02:46 PM
Dont sleep

LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS LookslikeLS

all u have to do is pull.. heh and to seperate ur control arm hit the end by the ball joint with a hammer. ( DO NOT HIT THE BALL JOINT)
Old 11-05-2002, 02:49 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

hahaha damn at least you're not the only one who's ever had this problem. i'm laughing because it just happened to my boy last weekend.

first you need to get that lower ball joint loose. you're going to have to just beat the living shit out of it. if you have access to air, find someone with an air chisel, it will make it much easier. if not, then just BEAT THAT MOTHERFUCKER with the biggest hammer you can swing accurately. there should be a flat spot that's designed for impact from a hammer, it may not look like it will work but believe me if you hit it hard enough it will come apart.

after the control arm is loose from the spindle, it should be easier to pull the axle out of the hub. if it still gives you problems, thread the hub nut back on the axle just enough so that the top of the nut is flush with the end of the axle. and BEAT THAT BITCH too. front end work is brutal... you just have to really hit the bitch, i can't stress that enough.

oh yeah, and be careful of hitting threads and boots and other such things that aren't supposed to be hit- and try not to stretch the threads on the axle if you have to hit it to come out of the hub. unless, of course, you're replacing the axles anyway, then just have fun.
Old 11-05-2002, 03:00 PM
HHIC

I never thought about the air chisel. I think I'll try that tomarrow. I'm scrapping the axles (hell I'll probably scrap the whole fucking motor and tranny and all that shit) I've beat that fucker with a 5 pound mallet till I was blue in the face. So then I tried the two jaw....that didn't fucking work either.....Fuck this god damned import hot rodding bullshit.
Old 11-05-2002, 03:02 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

you may have got a northern car, or it's just plain fucking old and stubborn. like i said, my boy's eclipse would NOT yield either, so he just left the fucking axle attached to the spindle, probably for all time lol. he could at least break the lower ball joint loose though.

good luck.
Old 11-05-2002, 03:05 PM
master debater

oh yeah... just something to try- spray some kind of penetrating oil on the lower ball joint and hub just for s's and g's, and let it sit overnight. i recommend inforce, i think you can buy it at advance or some shit. GOOD shit. you never know, it just may make the difference.
Old 11-05-2002, 05:40 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

pb blaster works real good!!! advance sells it. what kind of car is this any way?? what motor/tranny???
Old 11-05-2002, 06:38 PM
HHIC

Originally posted by CHAHONDA
pb blaster works real good!!! advance sells it. what kind of car is this any way?? what motor/tranny???
88 CRX DX. Soon to be an 88 CRX SiR copycat if I can ever get these fucking things off the car....
Old 11-05-2002, 09:30 PM
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts

hey man ..... ive got a ball joint tool if you need to use it , works everytime .... let me know

Quick Reply: How do I get my fucking axles off?