Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

sr20det fuel problem

Old 01-22-2009, 06:27 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlacktopDET has disabled reputation
Question sr20det fuel problem

a new ecu fixed it:>
so happy
but still confused on what to do with the car
delete thread

Last edited by BlacktopDET; 01-27-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:46 AM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia
Default Re: sr20det fuel problem

1 - Download a factory service manual.

2- Have you had someone click the key in the "on" position without starting the car while slightly squeezing one of the fuel lines to feel for the fuel pump cutting on? Basically...is the fuel pump 100% not working?

I highly doubt the ECU was fried when replacing a ground for a relay.

Check all of the wires on your ECU and make sure the ECU plug is screwed in all the way (10mm bolt).

The FSM has a full set of trouble shooting procedures you can do, it makes life much easier working on these motors - unless you have a problem like I'm having right now and nothing is wrong but it wont work right!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 06:51 AM
Registered Member

well i got a new wiring harness just to double check the wiring
and i have a new ecu on order to come in today
heres the thing about the ecu
when i got the car it was located under the hood:>
fucking dumbass whoever did that
ive checked the whole fuel delivery and its all good untill the injectors
fuel pump is good
i dont know what to do at this point
thats y its posted fs/ft
Old 01-22-2009, 07:00 AM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

So your injectors are not firing properly? It sounds like you've disconnected your fuel rail and tried to start it to see if the injectors shoot fuel, is that correct?

It sounds like you've spent quite a bit of money already on this. Do yourself a favor and buy a in line fuel pressure gauge. It will at least let you know what's going on with that. Do you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? The Nismo/whatever other one looks like the Nismo FPRs are garbage and I've heard they shit out and are not consistent.

Do you have any way to try out some new injectors? The injectors could be shot for whatever reason.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:08 AM
Registered Member

i had the injectors sent to a shop to be tested and they said they were fine
i took the car to bruaning motorsports to test the whole rest of the fuel system and they said everything is good. fuel pump, fpr, fuel rail. they said it might be an electrical issue.
im at a loss because the car was running fine untill the fuel pump went bad and then the relay was grounded
then it just never started.itll crank but wont turn. thats why i was leaning towards ecu becuase it was just running and now it wont start and everything else has been looked at or replaced
Old 01-22-2009, 07:25 AM
I Roll Fenders

Damn that sucks, I'm in the same place though. My car was working fine, I started getting random little hick ups, then I put my friend's ECU in my car to make sure his ECU was fine - and it was, then swapped mine back in and didn't drive it until the next day. My car has not been drivable since the 1st, it sucks ass! I'm at the point where I will probably have to redo my whole wiring harness.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:28 AM
Registered Member

ive been there already i never want to see wires again
i might have a wiring harness if you need one
for a s13 sr20det:>
thanks for the imput
fuck my life
Old 01-22-2009, 07:44 AM
I Roll Fenders

I've got a S14 SR20....thank God the ignition shit is all the same as a S13 because nothing else is, haha.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:02 PM
I Roll Fenders

Just a thought....I'm not sure if you've done it or not yet, but look at all of the plugs/wires on your fuel injectors, MAF, TPS, basically all of your sensors.

The problem with my car is the wires were corroded on the MAF plug itself so the car would rev over 2500 but it would break up really bad and cut off randomly. I took my car to RE-Spec Garage in Gloucester and Danny figured it out in like an hour. We replaced the MAF plug and cut out the corroded wires and now it runs great!