Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

anyone know what this sr20det problem is ??

Old 07-22-2006, 12:57 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StuntinOutlaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone know what this sr20det problem is ??

i got new steelbraided oil and water lines for my turbo new thermostat (62*) and i put new aint-freeze and went i start it up and let it run for about 2-3 mins the turbo side (not exactly sure where)starts to smoke....not a thick smoke but just lightly....and while idleing the boost gauge says its 15inHg and when i hit the gas to about 3-4k RPMS the boost gauge says about 9-6inHg....the oil presure doesn't show but as far as the oil presure gauge i couldn't use the sender that auto meter came with so im using the one that's came on the sr and just cut the wire and connected the autometer gauge to it
Old 07-23-2006, 05:37 AM
Registered Member

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: anyone know what this sr20det problem is ??

Well the oil guage is not working properly hooked up that way. Get the adapter fitting so that you can use the Auto Meter sending unit. About what the boost guage says check for any crimps in the line, and check for vacuume leaks. Also what does the guage read when the engine is off. Are you seeing smoke come from the sides of the turbo or what please be more spesific.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:18 AM
Registered Member

about the adaptor...i did buy it but the treading is completely more of an angle so it didnt screw on right....the boost gauge...there is no kinks...but im not even sure if its connected right because the instruction states that it sould come off the line from the fuel pressure regulator (the hose comes from the intake then tee's off to the boost gauge and to the fuel pressure reg.) and honestly i have 4 nipples on the throttle body and one off the side of the intake and i dont know which hoses go to what because if i rev it the blow off valve doesnt even go off anymore.....and the some.....i think its the aintfreeze burning because the turbo is getting hot really fast and its just burning the aintfreeze when it touches it because now the smoke is coming from the radiator and after the car cooled down i checked for aint freeze and the radiator was empty...and the check engine light will sometimes blink but still no boost on stand still rev and now its at 18inHg....what gives ?
Attached Thumbnails anyone know what this sr20det problem is ??-image_202.jpg   anyone know what this sr20det problem is ??-image_203.jpg   anyone know what this sr20det problem is ??-image_204.jpg   anyone know what this sr20det problem is ??-image_205.jpg  

Last edited by StuntinOutlaw; 07-23-2006 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:08 PM
Registered Member

ok i got number 1 connected to the MBC which is also connected to the waste gate thats on the turbo but i dont see the waste gate move when i rev it and the bov goes off and number 2 to the fuel pressure regualtor which the boost gauge is tee-ed into (which now reads 0 untill i hit the gas then when i hit the gass it reads about 10inHg standing still) i thought its supposed to read in the psi??? number 3 is to this disc looking thing thats also connected to the cold pipe and to the back side of the maf intake....and number 4 is connected straight to the BOV and number 5 is caped off....is this right ????

Last edited by StuntinOutlaw; 07-23-2006 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:04 PM
Registered Member

ok i realize no one has replyed....i guess no one knows the answer...but i hooked it up a bit different now and now while idleing i get somewhere between 20inHg and at crusing at 2kRMPs i get about 15inHg and when i accelerate it starts to go to about 10 psi at 4kRMPs is that normal ??