Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

sr20det problem

Old 01-09-2006, 05:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
240 SR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sr20det problem

i replaced the battery yesterday in my sr20 and then when i went to start it my starter just spun. i tried to push start it but it would kick then bog down.

now when i try and start it the motor wont turn over, i dont think the plugs are getting any spark, the blower on the inside wont work, the lights wont flip up, and a bunch of fuses have no power (just to name a few of the problems)

please help!!!
Old 01-09-2006, 07:33 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: sr20det problem

Ignitor chip?

Was the car running well before you replaced the battery, or had the battery died?
Old 01-09-2006, 09:12 AM
Registered Member

jspecS13 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 240 SR
i replaced the battery yesterday in my sr20 and then when i went to start it my starter just spun. i tried to push start it but it would kick then bog down.

now when i try and start it the motor wont turn over, i dont think the plugs are getting any spark, the blower on the inside wont work, the lights wont flip up, and a bunch of fuses have no power (just to name a few of the problems)

please help!!!

could be several things.

cranks but does not start = Usually starter like what he said
A bunch of lights/windows/etc doesnt work = ALT fuse in the engine bay

or

your battery terminals arent on secure...

we'll go from there..
Old 01-09-2006, 10:00 AM

240 SR is an unknown quantity at this point

the car was running fine before i replaced the battery, i accidentally switched the terminals.

im gonna try the ignitor switch and then i guess the starter
Old 01-10-2006, 09:25 AM
Lost Cat Magnet

drifterJERRY is an unknown quantity at this point

you fried the ignitor....have seen it happen many many times before.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:24 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot

Originally Posted by drifterJERRY
you fried the ignitor....have seen it happen many many times before.
i agree if you switched the terminals. at least they are easy to get these days.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:55 PM
Registered Member

el 240 de azbel is an unknown quantity at this point

easy but expensive
Old 02-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Registered Member

RedSuns has disabled reputation

the ignitor might be fine but like someone said check the fuse panel under the hood
Old 02-09-2006, 03:58 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

please help!!!

i guarantee you put your battery on backwards.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:34 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

the car was running fine before i replaced the battery, i accidentally switched the terminals.

im gonna try the ignitor switch and then i guess the starter
kind of a big thing to overlook when trying to diagnose the problem huh?

trust me, you are not the only one. i just did the same exact thing about 3 months ago.

this is what probably happened, although every case is different when you're talking unpredictable electricity.

- alternator fuse is guaranteed to be blown. it's a 75A fuse in the main fuse compartment in the engine bay. gray in color. $20 at a nissan dealer to replace.

-get a new fuse, it will crank, but may not start. if it doesn't start, 99.9% chance you blew your ecu. i now have an inoperable power fc because of my moment of negligence. check ebay when looking for a new one unless you have a hookup. most of the 240 parts sites want at least 250-300 for a 62/e5 ecu (red top, zenki black top), and more for a j4 (kouki blacktop)

but as i said before, i've read on freshalloy of people only blowing the fuse, and everything else is fine. most often the ecu will go though.

Quick Reply: sr20det problem