Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

S14 Tranny Installation Problem *Help*

Old 10-11-2006, 09:58 PM
9ziliva5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vakhmerteen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default S14 Tranny Installation Problem *Help*

I have a 95 240SX SE and I am having problems where the tranny connects to the flywheel. Im not sure what the correct names for it but the shaft from the tranny to the shaft that connects to the flywheel and crankshaft. I just replaced my clutch, flywheel, pilot bearing and throwback bearing and now im stuck with putting the tranny back in. I read somewhere that told me to flip the tranny 180 degrees and i tried that but still it would lock up or jam up in the bellhousing ive tried rotating it almost every way possible. Ive also jacked up the engine a bit to give it a bit of an angle. Still cant get it in... well does anyone have any tips for me to do this... thanks in advance
Old 10-12-2006, 02:55 AM
ZOR - WE'RE BACK!

cole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these parts
Default Re: S14 Tranny Installation Problem *Help*

in all honesty make sure the drive shaft is out

get under it like a monkey and put your hands on the bell housing and feet neer the out put and jiggle it around up and down a lot while you get a friend to spin the output side to line the splines up right...if you need a hand i can come out

for a price

ARBY"S
Old 10-12-2006, 02:28 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Line it up best you can(having a friend to help hold it up is a plus), and just start pushing it, make sure nothing in the way and jus keep pushing while kind of rotating the tranny(NOT 180 degrees, thats stupid). Sometimes it helps me to hold the transmission at the edge with my palms, and with fingertips grab the engine, then squeeze together.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

The the clutch come with the line up tool........may be that's your problem. The clutch it self is not letting the tranny go into the splines. Just a thought. I done about three tranny installs by my self on a concrete pad. It sucks, but it can be done.