Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

s14 problem

Old 09-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville
Exclamation s14 problem

i recently sold my automatic s14 to my friend and she's having problems with it. she said when she accelerates it jerks and dies. she said the coolant and oil levels are fine. any idea what it could be? any suggestions would be helpful. thanks in advance.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Registered member

philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville
Default Re: s14 problem

anyone? i would like to have this figured out asap. pleeeease?
Old 09-11-2007, 07:32 PM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE

my s13 auto is having a similar problem when hitting the throttle...i'm diagnosing it now i'll keep u posted
Old 09-11-2007, 07:54 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

If you happen to need a new tranny I am doing my 5-speed swap when I get back from Japan (hopefully the weekend of the 29th). I can sell her the tranny super cheap.

Also check MAF, TPS, O2, Vacuum leaks...pretty much all the sensors and shit in the engine bay (get a volt meter and check each pin...it will suck but be the only way to rule out the sensors). Is it throwing a CEL? If so go to AutoZone and tell them they need to give you a free diagnostics check.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
If you happen to need a new tranny I am doing my 5-speed swap when I get back from Japan (hopefully the weekend of the 29th). I can sell her the tranny super cheap.

Also check MAF, TPS, O2, Vacuum leaks...pretty much all the sensors and shit in the engine bay (get a volt meter and check each pin...it will suck but be the only way to rule out the sensors). Is it throwing a CEL? If so go to AutoZone and tell them they need to give you a free diagnostics check.
it doesn't throw a cel but when it dies all the dash lights (cel, battery, oil, etc) come on

and how much is super cheap?

thanks for the help so far
Old 09-11-2007, 08:14 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

Like 75 bucks.

All the lights come on normally if the car were to stall out. I don't know enough about automatics to give any suggestions as to what could be wrong w/ the tranny/torque converter/etc.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:37 AM
Registered member

could it be water in the gas tank? that's what my dad thinks it might be.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Registered member

problem solved. it's the MAF and air temp sensors. if she can't find them in a junkyard then i might need to help her find them for cheap. anyone got any?
Old 09-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Banned

Gompers is an unknown quantity at this point

hah, some friend u are ;p
Old 09-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Gompers
hah, some friend u are ;p
ha. i never had any problems with it. if i knew i would have fix it before i sold it to her.

Quick Reply: s14 problem