Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Quick mustang suspension question

Old 01-28-2008, 05:48 AM
Taking the shot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts
Default Quick mustang suspension question

So my front left strut went out on me recently and its time to pick up some new ones, my question is since my cars lowered (H&R Supersports about 1.5-1.7") should I go with foxbody struts to compensate for the lowered ride height? I had Koni Yellow Adjustables on it, but I'm pretty sure they were for a stock height sn-95 and they car, while ok with the stiffness turned up, were far to bouncy otherwise and just felt kind mushy. Any thoughts?
Old 01-28-2008, 07:18 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Quick mustang suspension question

I had Tokico Illumina adjustables on my SN95 with the H&R supersports. If you switch up to foxbody struts, they will have more travel room if you want that, but I'd stick with ones designed for the SN-95.

Hit up Kevin at Performance Auto Sport in Central, they do Mustang suspensions all day long and can give you much more detailed info.

http://performanceautosport.com/

Last edited by Computer_Nerd; 01-28-2008 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Added info for Performance Autosport
Old 01-28-2008, 08:18 AM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
I had Tokico Illumina adjustables on my SN95 with the H&R supersports. If you switch up to foxbody struts, they will have more travel room if you want that, but I'd stick with ones designed for the SN-95.

Hit up Kevin at Performance Auto Sport in Central, they do Mustang suspensions all day long and can give you much more detailed info.

http://performanceautosport.com/
good idea ill shoot him a PM a little later and see what he thinks.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

You can use Fox body struts, but I would try the SN95's like Richard mentioned.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Taking the shot

Originally Posted by Woodrow
You can use Fox body struts, but I would try the SN95's like Richard mentioned.
Odd the people over at sn95forums.com seem to think I should go with Foxbody struts. I know I should take the tech advice from there with a grain of salt, but still I guess I should do some more digging.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:28 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

If I were you, I'd stick with the SN95 because you are okay with a stiffer ride. The SN95 on a lowered vehicle will have less travel and therefore in effect feel "stiffer" and "less bouncy". The foxbody ones will allow more travel (which is why they are an option for lowered SN95 in the first place) and will then feel "more bouncy". Personal preference, both options will work.

I can only speak from my experience using the H&R Super Sport front springs with Tokico Illumina adjustables on my own SN95 ride. Liked them, never tried the foxbody ones.

Give Kevin a call at Performance Autosport, the best person to talk to over there may be "Mustang Don" as he does suspension work pretty much all day long.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

PM Sent.

A strut is a strut, not that big of a difference between the Fox and SN95 unless you are on the bumpstops which is what caused your last strut to fail.