Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Questions about HID'S need some advice

Old 10-07-2012, 07:30 AM
Is in ur head, why?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness
Default Re: Questions about HID'S need some advice

Originally Posted by snailpowered
Thanks for the help, but people are trying to say i need to retrofit..but i don't

everything i bought is install the hella head lights and plug and play the morimoto kit. so i don't need to "Retro Fit" anything.
Sweet, please post a pic of your cutoff line after installing.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:24 PM
fuck this shit

grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn

DONT

You WILL FAIL STATE INSPECTION
Old 10-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Tonight... You!

07Spec 07Spec 07Spec 07Spec 07Spec 07Spec 07Spec 07Spec 07Spec 07Spec 07Spec

What ppl mean when they say you need to retrofit is to not use an hid bulb in a housing that was not intended for it (aka non projector housings). What is being suggested instead, especially since you do have the h4 housings now, is to skip an HID kit altogether and opt for a good aftermarket set of halogen bulbs in your desired color. Example, after hating cheap b.s. hid kits myself I used Nokya hyper white bulbs for a long time and was much more impressed with not only color intensity and consistency between the bulbs, but overall light output and not blinding the shit out of others. Other brands include Luminics and PIAA. I'm not sure what your wiring harness can handle but I would recommend getting a ceramic adapter. All it does is plug in between your bulb and your factory female connector on your wiring harness to prevent it from burning up.

Long story short, you don't have projectors and apparently don't want to retrofit for them, so don't use HID's. Also, real HID's use a bulb like D2 not H4 or 9005.