Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

new motor problems..

Old 05-26-2005, 11:46 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blaznkwest will become famous soon enough
Default new motor problems..

Just got a new motor installed in my car (replaced the old motor, still d15b). And right after I get on it, the car idles at 2k for a loong time. Also my headlight/running light fuse blows as soon as i turn them on. Anybody know how i could fix these problems?
Old 06-16-2005, 08:26 AM
Banned

Turbo T is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: new motor problems..

Well as long as theres not to much power goin threw the lights u could just run a peace of metal where the fuse goes and u wouldnt blow it anymore. Does it only run at 2k when u first start it up or the hole time?
Old 06-16-2005, 09:24 AM
f yo couch

Gman757 has disabled reputation

Need to set your idle and adjust throttle cable. I had problems like that when I did a head swap.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

sprack is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Turbo T
Well as long as theres not to much power goin threw the lights u could just run a peace of metal where the fuse goes and u wouldnt blow it anymore.
seriously...if you dont know what you are talking about, dont give dumbass information like that. the fuses are there to blow for a reason.

Blazn...sounds like you have a short to ground somewhere in the headlight circuit. take a good look at the wires leading up to the headlights and see if they are chaffed a little bit and are touching any metal on the car. i dont know if you have been in any front end accidents or anything like that in your car, but i have seen it first hand. front end crumples and pinches into wires creating the short...which will blow out that fuse everytime you try to turn the lights on.

if you cant see anything along those lines...pull the headlight fuse and jump the fuse slot with a 12 volt light. make sure you turn the headlights on, the 12 volt light will light up. then just start unplugging the connectors in that circuit starting from the headlight on back. once the light goes out, you will know the short is inbetween the connector you just unplugged, and the connector you unplugged before that one. hope this helps, let us know what you find.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:49 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

most common thing i have seen on alot of the CRX's and some civics: the infamous hot air intake. it will chafe the body harness at cause a nice short to ground which will blow the fuse in a hearbeat.

and if you are creative, you can make a nice little short finder out of a circuit breaker and a light socket. hook the light in parallel with the circuit breaker. when you have a short to ground, it completes the circuit and will illuminate the light.

one of my instructors at NADC showed me that....and i still use that trick to this day.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:51 PM
Parts House

92dx757 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Turbo T
Well as long as theres not to much power goin threw the lights u could just run a peace of metal where the fuse goes and u wouldnt blow it anymore. Does it only run at 2k when u first start it up or the hole time?
you better have a fire extiguisher handy if you use this method