Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

New intake manifold, High Idle

Old 12-27-2010, 11:50 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GSRswapEk has disabled reputation
Default Re: New intake manifold, High Idle

Originally Posted by Topik
do none of you people actually RESEARCH these parts before throwing them on your car? most of the latest threads i've read in tech-talk could be solved by a .2 second google search or a thimble full of automotive knowledg.
dont have to be a smart ass, just hit the back button
Old 12-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Registered member

i need a civic! has disabled reputation

ehh hes right. before asking atleast try to search. i guess people like rely on this site more than theirselves ha. check for leak. dif ecu=golden.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:07 PM
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
By the way, if you're using a GSR ECU, you'll need to use a different ECU or get the ECU chipped (if it's an OBD1 ECU) so that the ECU won't try to control the secondary butterflies that aren't there anymore.
urite.

the result is it may be running a bit lean. I'd also check all coolent / intercooler fittings or connections and probably the easiest thing to check is spray some wd40 around all the intakes joints and connections. if the idle changes at all, there's your problem. (after you map the ecu of course)