Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

b16 build ?s

Old 12-31-2010, 08:34 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crxnallday has disabled reputation
Default b16 build ?s

ok so i have been researching my build for the past six months without asking any questions so google has become my best friend lol. I am building a n/a b16 that i plan to have as a dd. The motor spun a bearing so the block has been bored to 81.5mm to remove the ridge i will be using a stock crank and rods w/ctr pistons. as far as head work i will be in the hunt for type r cams and valve springs with a three angle valve job. all the work is being done by loyd at springfield custom. Im not looking for high rpm power or serious numbers so im sticking with a p30 intake manifold and sending my tb to maxbore. when i dropped off my motor at the machine shop i was told that with the b16 head port work isnt really necessary at this point. What I am wondering is with this setup is it necessary/even worth it to do a few things.
1) send my intake manifold to extrudehone or just port match tb inlet and runners to the head

2) run msd or just external coil

3) get hondata or just go with a vafc tuner of some sort
(i have a pr3 obd0 ecu already wired up with hondata (-) the software)

4) what is the best type of header/exhuast for this combo + it is in a crx
(i bought the car with an ebay hf cat and catback exhaust but its way to loud... i was thinking of keeping everything and getting an axleback muffler)

p.s.-any other advice that may help this build go smoothly is much appreciated