Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

NEED TURBO INFO

Old 04-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAWESOME has disabled reputation
Exclamation NEED TURBO INFO

I have a JDM d15 sohc... I want to boost, but kind of new to the field. I knw the basics but not the measurements. I really don't feel like tearin apart my motor, but i can if needed. Not looking to run a high amount of boost, due to gas pricesLoL, but want details on the best way to go about this.

What size turbo...with a low lag
What size piping...minimize lag and efficiency with air to fuel
What size intercooler...has to fit on del sol...easily
What size wastegate...want to run low psi...@6 or so
Do i need to upgrade fuel injectors...if so what cc for a low boost setup so i don't run rich

Any one who is familiar with turbo specs and mods, please call me on the cell at 757 201 1635, or pm me please.
Located in Chesapeake area

Thanks
Old 04-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc
Default Re: NEED TURBO INFO

You need to post in the right section, Tech Talk.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Registered Member

vxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to all

pm'd
Old 04-09-2008, 06:00 AM
fabricating is fun

cleckner04 is an unknown quantity at this point

well i really dont know much about the field of boost either but i know you have to up graded your fuel. like a more fuel push. i think alot of people are running 255 lph fuel pumps and inline fuel regulators. then i think a good set of DSM injectors something around 300 cc or a little more. you prolly can run a DSM turbo too because the litres of the car is about the same with the inner cooler. then i would say something about 2" piping. i have no clue about the waste gates i dont know anything about sizing and stuff like that. but i think i read something about like a 38 mm waste gate but not sure.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:09 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

no... dont use 2 inch piping...lol.

Anyway, are you looking to buy a kit or put a homemade set-up together?

Boosting a D-series is a fun project. Especially if it's just for street use. Overall, you can piece a decent kit pretty cheap... I say in the $1000ish.

Never run intercooler piping smaller than a 2.25.... Use 2.5 to increase the volume area. More volume equates to more oxygen content.

Get a decent fuel management. This is something you can NOT just be cheap with. Get CHROME, uberdata, or Hondata and run a set of at least 440cc injectors. For low boost, you dont really even need a 255LPH pump.... but you'll have a peace of mind if you do. Get the set up tuned by a professional for sure....... dont overlook that!

As for intercooler, you do not need a monster size intercooler. Big intercoolers will cause lag. However, you need to have a decent size to prevent the effects of "adiabatic compression".

For wastegate choices, depending on what turbo you pick..... it may have an internal WG already. But if you choose to have an external WG, a Tial 38mm will suffice.

If you piece your own kit.... stay away from ebay manifolds made by SSAUTOCHROME, StoneMountain, Spark Racing, XSpower. Their manifolds will crack.... same with their turbos.... their turbos are notorious for breaking and shaterring "on the run".

If you want more info, I'm local Va Beach. I can help you with this project. I make custom turbo piping and downpipes....... Goodluck!

Last edited by thermal; 04-09-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:14 PM
miss my 2 wheels

brokemyR1 is an unknown quantity at this point

^This man knows his stuff about boost. Would highly recommend him for all your piping needs as well.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:17 PM
13.5:1 Poor Mans R

Kana has disabled reputation

How about this question, how much power do u want? Then go from there.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:07 PM
h22 POWA

gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd

your going to need fuel injectors no matter what. and most likely fuel pump just to be on safe side. and then just take it to get tuned, i live in chesapeake. and wouldnt mind helping you out and letting you know some stuff.

om me if you want to talk, get my number and we can meet up or whatever