Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

need turbo kit help, info.

Old 03-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97EKman has disabled reputation
Default need turbo kit help, info.

I want to turbo my single cam, and I want to know if a $800 turbo kits on e-bay is garbage or if they are o.k. to buy. I want to boost and I want to know if 1,000 is a realistic budget for a turbo kit or if I need to dig into the bank more? Also I want to know what cost should I prepare for besides injectors, tunning and installation on the kit. I want to do it the right time once and I need any helpful advice on what to buy. And if you would buy an e-bay turbo kit. And I go to ODU and new to the area and I want to know where the boys hang?Let me know some info.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:57 PM
repping that gR

WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3
Default Re: need turbo kit help, info.

"dig into that bank more"
Old 03-17-2007, 03:07 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

Which turbo kit on ebay? There are tons in there. Stay away from SSautocrome, OBX, XSpower, Spark, Stone Mountain stuff. Their intercoolers are okay but even their piping dont fit for shit. Like you said, you want to do this right the first time.... so, get a decent fuel management.... Hondata, Crome, Uberdata.... and yes, dig deeper in the pocket, even if you just want to turbo your stock motor.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Turbo VTEC-E

black6gen can only hope to improve
Cool Re: need turbo kit help, info.

Originally Posted by thermal
Which turbo kit on ebay? There are tons in there. Stay away from SSautocrome, OBX, XSpower, Spark, Stone Mountain stuff. Their intercoolers are okay but even their piping dont fit for shit. Like you said, you want to do this right the first time.... so, get a decent fuel management.... Hondata, Crome, Uberdata.... and yes, dig deeper in the pocket, even if you just want to turbo your stock motor.
+1. The turbos and manis are super crap. The intercooler kits are "OK" but i had to do some major mods to the pipeing and take many trips to Home Depot for some PVC elbows. Just shop around, especialy on here. Just be patient and you will find good shit for a good price.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:09 AM
what do u mean turbo

91TurboLS is an unknown quantity at this point

+1 on that dig deeper the greddy kit and the edelbrock kit is good and makes good power.. but then again there expensive and ur better off just piecing one together..