Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

MAF-T & SAFC question. (DSM)

Old 09-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modded1gTalon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MAF-T & SAFC question. (DSM)

First off, i'm new to the forum so, hey everyone.

I have a 1991 Eagle Talon TSI, it has a few mods, two of which being an Mass air flow translator, and a SAFC. I want to use the SAFC to tune the car and have read that the MAF-T can be used to tweak the afr (by setting it for bigger injectors and the like.) OK my question is this. If I am using the SAFC to tune it, should I set the the MAF-T to stock setting or setting more appropriate to my actual build?

I am not realy sure as to how the MAFT and the SAFC would work together and was wondering if anyone knew. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Old 09-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Registered Member

Default Re: MAF-T & SAFC question. (DSM)

Anyone?
Old 09-23-2009, 09:18 AM
Registered Member

D_Eclipse9916 has disabled reputation

If you are using the S-AFC to tune, use the MAF-T at the stock 450cc injector settings.

.....or just sell both the s-afc and MAF-T and pick up dsmlink with GM MAF connection, about a bajillion times better for tuning and you might be one or 2 hundred out of pocket once you sell the MAFT and SAFC.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:21 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Don't use that junk to tune...like the other guy said there are better options.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:42 AM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by D_Eclipse9916
If you are using the S-AFC to tune, use the MAF-T at the stock 450cc injector settings.

.....or just sell both the s-afc and MAF-T and pick up dsmlink with GM MAF connection, about a bajillion times better for tuning and you might be one or 2 hundred out of pocket once you sell the MAFT and SAFC.
i concur.......maft are garbage, and safc only takes you essentially off training wheels... gl
Old 09-23-2009, 01:03 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the advice guys.
I have realy been looking into getting DSM Link. Just not been able to find one for the right price. The SAFC was on the car when I got it, so i'm going to use that to get her running decent and then upgrade as i'm able to.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:12 PM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Modded1gTalon
Thanks for the advice guys.
I have realy been looking into getting DSM Link. Just not been able to find one for the right price. The SAFC was on the car when I got it, so i'm going to use that to get her running decent and then upgrade as i'm able to.
dsm link your not goin to find at too much of a "right price"...especially v3 of it. v2 can be had for a decent price ...check ebay and the dsm forums.... and SAFC is better than nothing....but screw the maf-t...unless your a drag car and or highly built, there isnt much need for it..
Old 09-24-2009, 11:35 AM
Registered Member

Yea, i'm a member on DSM Source aswell. Have not seen to many people trying to get rid of it. I'm a little iffy about buying from people over the internet anyway been had once before.

So are you saying that the maft is hurting more than helping? I'm a bit new to the DSM scene, was a mustang guy till I drove my buddies 93 GSX. Just had to get one