Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

jeep question

Old 11-01-2005, 06:38 AM
Mermaider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these parts
Default jeep question

Alright, there has to be some Jeep guys here. My beater 95 Cherokee 4.0 is having serious cold start issues. It takes at least 3 minutes to crank below 40-50 degress. No one can seem to figure it out. Once it's running it is fine, and has no problems driving either. Full tune up, battery, etc. has been done within last few months. Any info would help greatly. Thanks in advance
Old 11-01-2005, 02:06 PM
i see you! ಠ_ಠ

spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta
Default Re: jeep question

Check the rating on the battery.. i looked up your vehicle and it should be 500 cold cranking amps or above. i might suggest getting a battery that will fit with more CCA.

stock battery would be a group 58
look for a group 65. they're around 750CCA. and should fit. its worth a shot. put it in, and try it out.

And i guess if the same thing is happening, you can return the battery, haha.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Mermaider

MAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these parts

I work at a parts store, so believe me I already tried the battery, using I think 550-575CCA now. Any ideas about the fuel system, I'm beginning to lean that direction?
Old 11-01-2005, 03:19 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

you will need to check the fuel pressure after sitting, with a gauge on the rail.

has the crank sensor been replaced? that engine has had several issues with the crank sensor causing no starts.

i have a feeling its the check valve in the fuel pump module though. i have had several heeps come in with that issue lately.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Mermaider

So far I've done the CTS, did the plugs again (old ones had 6k on them), did the fuel pressure test tonight(tested great). Strangest thing, when it's cold and I turn the key on and tap the gas a few times, it'll fire up fine. Occasionally it may diesel at very low rpm's then stall. I work with a few mechanics and Jeep gurus, all of us are confused. I may just have to look into the CPS.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:39 AM
Mermaider

Also to mention, from previous post. When I tap the gas a few times to fire it up, I notice a distinct fuel odor, as well as a big cloud of smoke.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:43 AM
what?

scr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to behold

could be worn rings...and after a few when their heated up and expanded a little to seat everything is fine but it sucks on caold starts....happened to one of my fords once...