Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Jeep Healight question

Old 06-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Taking the shot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts
Default Jeep Healight question

Looking to buy my dad new headlight assemblies for his 2001 Grand Jeep Cherokee since his are badly yellowed and pitted. My question is if there is a difference between the headlight assemblies on the Limted and Larado versions. I want to make sure I'm buying the right part thanks.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Mermaider

MAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Jeep Healight question

Highly doubt it. The trim, wheels, and interior should be the only differences, if even that.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

The pictures of the two headlights are very similar to the point i cant really tell the difference. I just want to be 100% sure before i drop the $ on them.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Have you considered resurfacing them?

Some 1,000 grit sandpaper and a little bit of polish will go a long ways.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Taking the shot

Originally Posted by XCELR8
Have you considered resurfacing them?

Some 1,000 grit sandpaper and a little bit of polish will go a long ways.
Na there pretty much done for pitted worse then any I've seen before. I think its because i drove it screwing around at the beach a while back when the hurricane came through and they got sandblasted. They feel like some one stabbed them repeatedly with an ice pick. I found a new OEM replacement set for 75$ plus shipping and am going half'ses with one of my brothers for his Fathers day gift.

Although I would like to try resurfacing my Stang ones that are yellowed if you feel up to the task of helping me.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

Originally Posted by QwanSanchez
Although I would like to try resurfacing my Stang ones that are yellowed if you feel up to the task of helping me.
I wouldn't even bother, just get the Cobras and be done with it.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

I'd be more than happy to help you... you know that, but I think this is a better option:

Originally Posted by Philbert
just get the Cobras and be done with it.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Taking the shot

I was actually looking at a set of black housing ones for the stang. Since i'm thinking about doing the whole two tone black on top with black wheels i think a darker headlight aka black housing or smoked would look better. If i decided to keep it all green and go with either silver or chrome wheels i'll probly go with something like the crystal clears.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:36 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Na there pretty much done for pitted worse then any I've seen before. I think its because i drove it screwing around at the beach a while back when the hurricane came through and they got sandblasted. They feel like some one stabbed them repeatedly with an ice pick. I found a new OEM replacement set for 75$ plus shipping and am going half'ses with one of my brothers for his Fathers day gift.

where in the hell did you find a new OEM set for 75 bucks, cause i am going to buy every single one they have in stock.

even an aftermarket replacement one for that year from DEPOT is quite a bit more than that.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Taking the shot

Originally Posted by fc735
where in the hell did you find a new OEM set for 75 bucks, cause i am going to buy every single one they have in stock.

even an aftermarket replacement one for that year from DEPOT is quite a bit more than that.
Well in that case I'm going to have to tell you after i buy a set since your going to buy all the rest.

Quick Reply: Jeep Healight question