Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

HELP!! Revs.........

Old 06-25-2003, 05:14 PM
I Piss Excellence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond repute
Default HELP!! Revs.........

OK, I was on my way down to the beach. And the HOV lane was open. So I was like "why not?". So I floored it for kicks and giggles. Well I got up to about 5700 in 4th and my revs cut. Almost like the rev limiter was lowered or something. And now my 'Check Engine' light's on. So every time I've tried to rev it, it stops at 5600-5700. WTF's up!?!? PLEASE HELP ME!
Old 06-25-2003, 05:42 PM
Unconfirmed User

BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2

i dno exactly whats wrong with it man, but i'll tell ya the same exact thing happened to me when my friend was driving it, it shut off around 6 grand and we kept tryin to get it passed it.. so then yea, we spun bearings.. lol soo i hope yours is alright
Old 06-25-2003, 08:13 PM
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas

yea that happened with my old eclipse.

needless to say, that motor nolonger exists.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:23 PM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

we reset the ecu and it runs fine
Old 06-26-2003, 02:10 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

It will be fine until the same problem that caused the CEL to come on happens again. You should have found out what code the ecu had stored and then fixed the problem.