Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

help with hydro trans

Old 05-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmxappo has disabled reputation
Default help with hydro trans

I have a gsr wit hydro tranny I puttin it in a 92 integra cable car. What do I do I bought some hydro to cable kit an it won't work right pedal stays on floor please help lol I'm lost I have a ys1 cable trans but I heard that won't work something bout the throwout bearin so idkkkk ???
Old 05-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Still spinnin'

Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n
Default Re: help wit hydro trans

Did you bleed the clutch???
Old 05-13-2011, 05:11 PM
QUOTES YOUR DUMBASS

unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum

Originally Posted by Thurm@n
THIS. Or even put fluid in it.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:43 PM

99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute

have you tried not typing like shit to explain the issue?

so you have a cable to hyrdro kit you have the lever that actuates the clutch fork? is the cable installed correctly? if i'm correct in this you didn't swap pedal assembly and mount a master cylinder and you don't have a slave cylinder...correct?

i'm assuming you have a kit similar to this

Old 05-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: help with hydro trans

Thread title edited for lazy spelling.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:40 PM
certified asshole

crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi

Differences between hydro and cable trans as far as you need to know it is all about what clutch you use and the transmission mount. The mounts on top of the trans have diff. bolt patterns and the input shaft diameter is diff. cable trans have smaller diameter input shafts, and cable trans are separated by 2 year groups 88-91 and 92-93. 88-91 b series cable trans have smaller diameter input shafts and 92-93 input shafts are bigger but only by 1mm and the spline count is the same. Clutch discs for 92-93 cable will fit 94-01 hydro trans.
Now make sure the cable is ran correctly and most importantly not broken. Also make sure it is still hooked up on the pedal, look underneath the steering column toward the the very top of the pedal and you will see a hook on the cable that attached to the top of the clutch pedal into a grove. Make sure that the cable is attached to the actuator for the cable to hydro conversion correctly and the bracket that hold the cable is bolted in the right spot on the trans. And make sure the conversion is installed correctly and is not binding. Or if you have the conversion with the clutch master cylinder then make sure you did what the first 2 people said as well.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Registered Member

bmxappo has disabled reputation

I doing this off my phone so sorry nut best I can do an for the people that gave me advice ill try it an let ya know
Old 05-14-2011, 09:27 AM
I <3 MY EG

JustaGSR18 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Thurm@n
cable clutch nothing to bleed...]
87rexsi said it best
and I had same innovative mount kit pictured.. worked great