Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Fuel Filter Change

Old 07-05-2003, 11:12 PM
DILLIGAF?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BadBeck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fuel Filter Change

got a 95 civic ex--anyone want to give me detailed instructions on how to change the fuel filter? Seriously detailed-maybe even pics if you have it-and maybe an estimate of the amount of time it takes-to be blunt i know how to do spark plugs, oil change, air filter, and wipers on my car. thats it. which is why i emphasize detail. thank you VERY much ahead of time. oh, and tools required.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:39 AM

mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I dont know how to do it specifically for your car... but here is how i do it on my sr20. First, remove the fuse for the fuel pump. Then start the car. It will soon die. crank it over a few more times to relieve any fuel pressure that is left. After that, find you fuel filter. mine is located on the drivers side firewall. You just unscrew whatever clamps are holding hte hoses on to the filter, pull them off (be carefull because some fuel will come out), and then stick the new filter on, tighten up the clamps, put the fuse back in, start it up, and make sure there are no leaks or anything like that.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:40 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

very easy, pop your gas cap, theres a 17 mil bolt at the top of the fuel filter(im assuming you know where it is, next to the battery), theres a 10mil bolt holding the filter to a bracket, and i believe its a 14 mil at the bottom of the filter where the incoming line to the filter is....2 new washers should have come with yor fuel filter, they both go up top where the banjo bolt goes through the fuel line, the washers go on either side of the line,and reassemble.....