Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

fuel filter

Old 06-03-2003, 09:33 AM
sup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE
Default fuel filter

i might get flamed by asking this just because i heard its easy to change...BUT i havent ever changed a fuel filter, im going to start on it in about an hour and a half, after i get back from the gym, so if any body could tell me where it is located on a 99 civic ex... i would appreciate it..

steve-o
Old 06-03-2003, 09:43 AM
EVO VIII PILOT

Frank is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Filter

Sorry, can't help you out in location, but....a few pointers after changing mine in my Talon:

Open the gas cap to relive pressure.

I had to take out my battery to assure proper work space.

Lay down some towels under the fuel filter. That way, any fuel you leak will be soaked by the rag instead of getting all over your engine bay.

I had to reverse the removal process from what they had in my manual. My manual told me to remove the bolts that held the filter to the fire wall then the pipes from either end. When I tried it this way, I had nothing holding down the filter as I tried to remove the tight ass screws from the pipes. Remove those first, then take it off the mount. It will be much easier that. way.

In the talon, the filter was located on the fire wall to the left of the engine block when facing the engine.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:01 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

its to the right of battery, open your gas cap first, relieve pressure, pop of the top bolt 17 mil, wrap it in a rag so fuel doesnt go everywhere, loosen the lower feedline , 14 mil wrench i believe, loosen up bolt that holds filter in place, 10 mil wrench, new filter should come with 2 new metal washers, one goes on top, other goes on bottom of line to the fuel rail when connected to fuel filter, should take about 15 minutes for whole thing.....but if youve never done one before, itll take longer.......
Old 06-03-2003, 10:32 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

yeah. it is bolted to the firewall. and be prepared to cuss like a son of a gun because if it's never been changed before you will have one hell of a time breaking the bottom bolt free.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:00 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally posted by sk8rmike
yeah. it is bolted to the firewall. and be prepared to cuss like a son of a gun because if it's never been changed before you will have one hell of a time breaking the bottom bolt free.
hahhaa, you got that shit right...........well, i dont know, its a 99, mines a 94 and i dont thik it was ever replaced until i got it, that shit was a pain in the ass........
Old 06-03-2003, 11:03 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

yep it was a pain on my 98 ex
Old 06-03-2003, 11:06 AM
200HP/L

Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi

Ummmm if you guys don't want to get fuel all over yourselves, just pull the fuel pump fuse while the motor is idling...it'll die out. Now TRY to crank it about 5 times...tada...no more pressure in the lines. Take two vise grips and apply to both ends of the hose to compress the hose and secure any leftover fuel. You'll spill maybe a few tablespoons at best.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:25 AM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE

good ol piece of cardboard underneath the car, plus i dont have any gas right now anyways...hahah...and um, yea its being a bitch right now, had to check mail and grab my cigs
Old 06-03-2003, 01:54 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

Originally posted by Josepi
Ummmm if you guys don't want to get fuel all over yourselves, just pull the fuel pump fuse while the motor is idling...it'll die out. Now TRY to crank it about 5 times...tada...no more pressure in the lines. Take two vise grips and apply to both ends of the hose to compress the hose and secure any leftover fuel. You'll spill maybe a few tablespoons at best.
like 5 table spoons of fuel is really even a big deal to fuck w/ taht. thats what the little banjo bolt on the top is for anyways. wrap a rag around it and break it loose w/ some pliers and the rag soaks up the little bit of fuel that comes out. there will be more fuel in the filter than anything else when you change it.