Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Del Sol help

Old 04-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
urbnredneck has disabled reputation
Default Del Sol help

I have a 93 sol. motor swap(supposed) to a d16z6. 64k miles(supposed). I have a few issues. Today I was driving home and got some water on the windshield. I looked down and surprise surprise the temp was through the roof. So I pulled over and stopped. Under the hood a found a lot of water on the passenger side that had sprayed everywhere. The water was kind of oily as well. I checked for blown hoses and did not see any. The car finally cooled and I started it back up, and put some water in the radiator. So I started looking around at other areas to see if I could find anything. The water pump was dripping water, which was not happening before this. Now it is. But it did not blow out all the way to the other side of the car. Most of the water seems to be towards the fire wall and all over the hood. What the hell could have cause this? The fan has also stopped running. I could not get it to come on. My thinking is that it needs a head gasket. Which it was leaking some before hand. Back to my current thought though. I figured I would get a headgasket kit, water pump, timing belt and thermostat. Will this idea work? Or does anyone else have any ideas. I also need two new front axles on the car, and can anyone fix a gauge cluster that was rolled to(suppsodly) to match the mileage on the newer motor. Now the MPH and fuel gauges are way off. Is there any way to fix this? Or does someone know a good honda mechanic that might be able to help a broke guy out. I can buy the parts but maybe someone who i can work with on the labor. Please help. This is my dd. If i dont get it fixed I cant get to work.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Registered Member

gameoverr96 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Del Sol help

how can u see that the water pump is dripping water if its covered up?.. id refill the system with water and pressure test it and see if you can find the leak... also before you pull the head off for a headgasket to a cylinder leakdown to see if you have a blown headgasket before you do all that work
Old 04-13-2012, 07:45 AM
Fence Hopper

Alkaline8214 Alkaline8214 Alkaline8214 Alkaline8214 Alkaline8214 Alkaline8214 Alkaline8214 Alkaline8214 Alkaline8214 Alkaline8214 Alkaline8214
Default Re: Del Sol help

Replace that temp sensor on the head. Single wire. Your fan will work again. When you let them get too hot sometimes they go bad. ^^Gameover is right, test a little before doing all that extra work. Cause when u take that head off your gonna wanna get it surfaced.