Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

del sol help.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
urbnredneck has disabled reputation
Default del sol help.

picked up a del sol pretty cheap. motor was swapped for a newer one. 64k on it. d16. having a few issues. idle starts acting up on occasion. i changed the air filter and cleaned the IACV. idle issue is not as bad now. also smells like the car is running way to rich. check engine light is on. and i have a few oil leaks. besides the oil leaks, any ideas that i can try for the idle issue? sometimes it idles so low the car just wants to stall. other times it idles at 1500. now this is also going by a cluster that has had the mileage rolled back(not by me), so the speedometer and the fuel gauge are also reading incorrect. any ideas to fix that issue? any ideas would be great. trying to get into the honda tunning world. i also may be getting my hands on a b20 red top with papers, has ecu and harness and tranny with only 52k miles on it. would this be an easy swap into a del sol? what else might i need to make that happen.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:50 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K
Default Re: del sol help.

Originally Posted by urbnredneck
picked up a del sol pretty cheap. motor was swapped for a newer one. 64k on it. d16. having a few issues. idle starts acting up on occasion. i changed the air filter and cleaned the IACV. idle issue is not as bad now. also smells like the car is running way to rich. check engine light is on. and i have a few oil leaks. besides the oil leaks, any ideas that i can try for the idle issue? sometimes it idles so low the car just wants to stall. other times it idles at 1500. now this is also going by a cluster that has had the mileage rolled back(not by me), so the speedometer and the fuel gauge are also reading incorrect. any ideas to fix that issue? any ideas would be great. trying to get into the honda tunning world. i also may be getting my hands on a b20 red top with papers, has ecu and harness and tranny with only 52k miles on it. would this be an easy swap into a del sol? what else might i need to make that happen.
Check for any vacuum leaks. Also, check your TPS or MAP sensor.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Registered Member

TRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these parts

You have the solution for your problem within your rant. You have a check engine light on. Your car's computer is telling you what is wrong. If you desire to fix said problem, I suggest seeing what exactly the code is and fixing that.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

When the gauge jumps around does the engine rpm change? I would assume so. Junk it, not worth the trouble to fix it.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

trying to get into the honda tunning world. i also may be getting my hands on a b20 red top with papers, has ecu and harness and tranny with only 52k miles on it. would this be an easy swap into a del sol? what else might i need to make that happen.
Get rid of it, del sol is probably the worst civic of it`s time and IMO a horrible platform for "honda tunning"

Meh...

GOOGLE

lastly ...go have your cel read.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:51 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

now this is also going by a cluster that has had the mileage rolled back(not by me), so the speedometer and the fuel gauge are also reading incorrect.
How does the odometer affect the speedometer and fuel gauge....? That makes no sense...

And go get the CEL read.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:10 AM
IM Trollin n Hatin

TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87

Sell it and buy a Ferrari
Old 04-07-2012, 09:50 AM
peaches

b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan

i also may be getting my hands on a b20 red top with papers,
Old 04-08-2012, 11:19 AM
fuck this shit

grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn

As far as the d-series in it, it's probably pretty much junk, no offense. It's not honestly worth dumping money in to to attempt to fix it, just go ahead and get the b-series.

For the b-series swap, you will need a del sol si-vtec T-bracket, and shift linkage. You will also need an ecu to run the b20. The motor and trans can use the stock d-series mounts, but I would opt to at least get replacement oem or after market. The b-series swap is pretty straight forward for the del sol, but if you need any help or anything just shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to try and assist you. I have a fully built ls-v sol and I've had a few different motors in it, so I know the in's and out's of del sol's, b-series etc. Hope you get it right man!