Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Building Engine for Turbo

Old 10-03-2003, 05:28 AM
BOXIN YOU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gen4H22A is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Building Engine for Turbo

I am considering buying a h22a1 bareblock and getting it sleeved and forged pistons and all that, but I was wondering if it is possible that I could buy a blown head or something so that I could then do my valve work?? Because I would want to buy a new stock valve train in good condition if I was just going to replace the valves and all of that stuff...so someone help me here and tell me if that is possible....and if someone happens to see a h22a bareblock somewhere...let me know because I cant seem to find one....thanks
Old 10-03-2003, 05:33 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

what the hell are you asking, if you can buy a used head?.........of course, why the hell not.........and heads dont really blow dude, unless you warp the hell out that bitch you can usually fix the head,unless you completely smash it like thrwoing a rod out of the block and it goes through the head or some shit, alot of people buy heads off of blown motors and use them as projects and shit and have them worked on to put on their new motors........

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 10-03-2003 at 07:34 AM.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:41 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Old 10-03-2003, 01:38 PM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

Why not get a closed deck one if you wanna get that large of a motor and save some money on the sleeves?? Or do they not hold up as well either?

You gotta set goals whether it be HP or Times if its possible to achieve your goal on a block with just pistons and rods the sleeves are a pain in the arse and $$. Just trying to save ya some money in the long run if possible.
Old 10-03-2003, 06:34 PM
BOXIN YOU

gen4H22A is an unknown quantity at this point

ahh i dont think i explained my whole situation....i already have a h22a1 engine in my prelude vtec, it comes stock, but the engine has 140k on it and I obviously need to build up the engine, but I want as little downtime as possible, so im gonna buy a bareblock and get the pistons and stuff for that, and then get a head and get all the stuff I want for that, so instead of having to worry about being without a car while my block gets sleeved and getting the head taken care of, I will just swap in a custom built engine... and sell the old one for pretty cheap or hold onto it in case I blow somethin up...and as for the thing with closed deck and open deck, it doesnt matter really, yes closed deck is better, but the problem with the prelude vtec is it has weaaak as ring lands that sit really high, so if I am gonna be building my engine, i will need better sleeved and everything.....