Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

boost problems

Old 07-06-2003, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quikeclipse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default boost problems

well i have a super 16g hrc turbo on my gst eclipse with an intake full exhaust, manifold, bov, etc., and i put on a SAFC to keep from hitting fuel cut at like 10lbs of boost...well the safc worked up to about 15lbs of boost...i was also leaking oil from a wrung off bolt on my oil return to my turbo...heres the problem...between about 0-9 lbs of boost it lags like a mother...it almost feels like its slowing the car down compared to when its not boosting...but sometimes it doesnt do it...(very rarely) but when i hit 10lobs of boost it throws me back in the seat and takes off and then i shift gears and it throws me forward because the turbo has like completely stopped spooling or some weird shit but as soon as i shift it takes me straight back to 0 lbs no matter how fast i shift...and before it would still be spooling around 5-6 if i shifted at 10 or 11lbs in the prior gear...i dunno but the car is acting really weird...i thought maybe it could have somethin to do with a broken boost control solenoid becuz i did break the piece of that the vacuum line connects to but i reglued it on and it worked fine until i put the safc in...another thing is that i have adjusted the safc a hundred times to see if that was causing the problem and i dont think it is....and help would be GREATLY appreciated
Old 07-06-2003, 06:38 PM
1505/2000

execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon
Default dsm dilemma

if it bogs in the mid it can be plug wire. sometimes they do that under load but usually before boost. cheak for boost leak if you don't have something to tune the afc with then leave it alone like... egt logger etc.

sounds like fuel is another problem you need a fuel pump. also you could rewire it. there is another ghetto method put a clamp on the outlet of the fuel line this won't let it bleed as much pressure and it will give you a little more.

um if you need hands on help im at the beach and i'm free
Old 07-06-2003, 06:47 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

maybe a bad wastegate actuator? is timing good? check it out and see whats up. my wastegate acutator was busted and mine lagged badly until i got higher in the rpms and it built boost with the wastegate stuck open and then it would take off... so i replaced the acutator and now its fine.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:50 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

also take ur intake pipe off and check the turbo see if its spinning freely. if it lost oil for a moment then it could be semi locked up.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:51 PM

yeh we took the actuator off and checked it but the turbo and actuator are pretty much brand new...they have about 2000 miles on em...and i have done some boost leak checks but im not real up on my boostl eak checkin so any help would be nice...i have an hks ssq bov and i had all my timing stuff changed in december...i dont think my fuel would cause this bad of a problem...but hey its possible...anyone who knows anything that would be willin to come over or ride with me to see if we can fix it would be greatly appreciated cuz i cant stand having a quick car with power that i cant use...u know what i mean
Old 07-06-2003, 06:52 PM

i dont think its locked up...ill check but it runs really well at certain boost levels...mainly high ones...i hope its not locked up...it was expensive
Old 07-15-2003, 07:54 PM
Registered Member

4G63-16G is an unknown quantity at this point

well, there are mixed reviews on the "super" turbos from Hahn. a lot of people say they are very laggy because of the 10cm turbine housing. you might want to check to make sure the manifold to turbo bolts are tight. the adapter/spacer(s) that you need to mount it to the stock manifold often cause the bolts to come loose so you have an exhaust leak.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:00 PM
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

10cm is a pig exhaust housing that almost tdo6 specs exahsut side! Just get motor fully built and put some 9.5:1 compression pistons in their it will spoll it quicker.... hehe
Old 07-16-2003, 07:10 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

problem #1, is the super 16 is trash. problem #2, you should NOT be using an SAFC to "keep away" fuel cut. 0 that shit out ASAP. reason you are going so slow is probably because of hardcore detonation keeping you from getting timing advance, due to leaning it out too much. are you still on stock injectors and fuel pump?