Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

20 amp fuse trouble. Need help please! 2000 Integra

Old 03-22-2012, 03:10 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stock ford is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 20 amp fuse trouble. Need help please! 2000 Integra

Hi I have a 2000 Integra gsr. I just bought it 2 months ago and have had several problems which I fixed but none that made me call into work like I had to this morning. So when I started my car about a month ago shortly after I replaced the started it would crank but not turn over. I replaced the 20 amp fuse and it ran good until last night. The same fuse popped when I first started my car and repeated so about 10 times (luckily I had extra fuses) Now today I was driving to work then it popped several times while I was driving and a couple when I first started the car. I then had to call into work (which I just started) so i can try and figure this thing out. I have read a couple articles that it may be the fuel pump (which that is the fuse which keeps blowing), fuel pump relay (which I may just replace anyway), or a loose ground or frayed wired. I have looked thru all of the wires visible but found nothing. Any advice or help would be greatly apprectiated so that I don't have to rent a car while my car is taked to the shop. THANK YOU
Old 03-22-2012, 05:16 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: 20 amp fuse trouble. Need help please! 2000 Integra

The first order of business is to look at the schematics in the factory service manual and find out exactly what is on that fused circuit (and therefore where the power is routed after the fuse). Then you can find out what you can start disconnecting to remove those parts of the circuit from the equation to start narrowing things down.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:59 AM
Registered Member

The entire car has been re-wired for a tuck and the fuse box is in under the dash. Don't like this at all by the way. I'm not seeing the fuse box as the stock one on the pictures I have seen on the internet. But I will do my best to find where it is routed after the fuse. I know the fuel pump is for sure. Thanks
Old 03-22-2012, 10:04 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Have fun with that. I wouldn't touch a wire tucked car with a ten foot pole unless I did the tuck (which I wouldn't, because I think they're pointless). Nothing creates electrical problems faster than cutting up all the wiring and moving everything somewhere else and then extending and splicing everything back together.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Registered Member

yeah i figured that out the hard way
Old 03-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Registered Member

TRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these parts

What else does that fuse control? Just the starter? Or anything else?
Old 03-24-2012, 12:13 AM
Registered Member

laserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these parts

No one here can help you because we don't know in which manner the wiring has been cut and soldered. And I am HOPING they soldered for your sake.