Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

be careful at the oceanfront

Old 01-19-2009, 12:41 PM
enya mouf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU
Default Re: be careful at the oceanfront

Originally Posted by ChevyMudtruck
hard to be to wide . . .law is now 8'6 wide i do believe but ya have to have markers . . . my truck was 7'10 but the flares covered most of it

Did the law change on that? Use to be that if the tread of the tire stuck out more than 4" from the flare/fender, you were cited for "too wide". You could use marker lights over the tires at any width (which I thought was retarded) and not have to cover them with flares.

I've gotten tickets for width/height and even a noise pollution ticket for driving with the doors off and the radio at an audible level in a Jeep. (stock radio at that?!?). I thought they had calmed down on the lift tickets in the past few years. Luckily, I have nothing illegal right now so I'm not worried about it but I wanted to throw a big lift on the JK and some 37s.

(I've gotten tickets for being too low as well so at least I know the law sucks in all aspects!! Lol)
Old 01-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx
Default Re: be careful at the oceanfront

Originally Posted by DeezUU
Did the law change on that? Use to be that if the tread of the tire stuck out more than 4" from the flare/fender, you were cited for "too wide". You could use marker lights over the tires at any width (which I thought was retarded) and not have to cover them with flares.

I've gotten tickets for width/height and even a noise pollution ticket for driving with the doors off and the radio at an audible level in a Jeep. (stock radio at that?!?). I thought they had calmed down on the lift tickets in the past few years. Luckily, I have nothing illegal right now so I'm not worried about it but I wanted to throw a big lift on the JK and some 37s.

(I've gotten tickets for being too low as well so at least I know the law sucks in all aspects!! Lol)
Its still 4 inches.