Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

bronco wont start

Old 06-11-2007, 05:57 PM
PieceOfShitRedneck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco
Default bronco wont start

new starter and starter relay. had the battery bench tested and its fine, alternator is less than three months old.

ill turn the key to on, and i have all the power. turn it to start, and it goes dead. put it back in on, and no power. so i disconnect the battery and reconnect it, and the same thing happens.

other than a short in the cable going from my battery to the starter, and possible from the ignition to the starter, im lost.

any ideas?

*edit: and i'm not blowing any fuses

Last edited by BrokenBronco; 06-11-2007 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:02 PM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck
Default Re: bronco wont start

Originally Posted by crxtreme
new starter and starter relay. had the battery bench tested and its fine, alternator is less than three months old.

ill turn the key to on, and i have all the power. turn it to start, and it goes dead. put it back in on, and no power. so i disconnect the battery and reconnect it, and the same thing happens.

other than a short in the cable going from my battery to the starter, and possible from the ignition to the starter, im lost.

any ideas?

*edit: and i'm not blowing any fuses
hmmm if you loose everything when ya hit it and then comes back on when u wiggle the battery cable . . ya got a bad connection . . . scrap the posts and terminals and check the hookup on the wires
Old 06-11-2007, 07:05 PM
PieceOfShitRedneck

BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco

yea... thing is, like i said saturday, i've been starting it once a week for about 20 mins or so since its been sittin, and then all of a sudden this?
Old 06-12-2007, 05:45 AM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

yea... thing is, like i said saturday, i've been starting it once a week for about 20 mins or so since its been sittin, and then all of a sudden this?
I've had the cables become loose and or cheroded and I was driving the vehical every day . . lol
Old 06-12-2007, 07:10 AM
Registered Member

tommasiphotos has disabled reputation

im going throught the same thing right now. It will crank but not fire up, i put new plugs and wires in. so i dont know what else.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:36 AM

tatmonster has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by tommasiphotos
im going throught the same thing right now. It will crank but not fire up, i put new plugs and wires in. so i dont know what else.
the bronco wont turn over. yours is an ignition or fuel problem. only two things it really can be if it turns over, lol.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:08 PM
PieceOfShitRedneck

Originally Posted by tatmonster
the bronco wont turn over. yours is an ignition or fuel problem. only two things it really can be if it turns over, lol.

got it started on wednesday. turned out to be the terminal connections to the battery.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:15 PM
just a little 4x4

got it started on wednesday. turned out to be the terminal connections to the battery.
and what did I say it was? . . . lol
damn ford mechanics . . .
Old 06-16-2007, 04:19 PM
PieceOfShitRedneck

Originally Posted by ChevyMudtruck
and what did I say it was? . . . lol
damn ford mechanics . . .

mmhmm mmhmm lol
Old 07-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Registered Member

oREDASIANo is an unknown quantity at this point

well i dont know if u didnt get it started but i had a similar problem with my blazer. Check your ground wire and clean it where its bolted to the frame...and next i switched my side terminals of my optima battery to top and so far so good....but check if you are get enough volts to ur distributer if not that could be a reason for ignition failure.....hopefully this aint useless info but thats my idea