Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

havin a lil problem....

Old 07-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin
Default havin a lil problem....

ok so i have a 96 pathfinder an recently it took a lil shit on me while driving home... the MAS went bad on me. well i went ahead an replaced that an the truck ran beautifully for a week. Now on occasion, it decides to fuel cut/rev limit at 2500rpm. everything seems to be in working order, just did a full tune up about 3 months ago so on an so forth. Upon reading the codes, i get a o2 and a crank sensor code. Never had this happen to me before so kinda want to know if either of those sensor codes could be causing the problem? any insight/knowledge would be very helpful. thanks in advanced
Old 07-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Man in the BOX

Alice_in_Chains is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: havin a lil problem....

Originally Posted by AllMtrRacin
ok so i have a 96 pathfinder an recently it took a lil shit on me while driving home... the MAS went bad on me. well i went ahead an replaced that an the truck ran beautifully for a week. Now on occasion, it decides to fuel cut/rev limit at 2500rpm. everything seems to be in working order, just did a full tune up about 3 months ago so on an so forth. Upon reading the codes, i get a o2 and a crank sensor code. Never had this happen to me before so kinda want to know if either of those sensor codes could be causing the problem? any insight/knowledge would be very helpful. thanks in advanced

If the motor can't tell where the crank is in relation to the cam and distributor it will advance / retard the timing so much that you could get the symptoms you are describing. Not running right on the timing will give you faulty O2 readings due to incomplete combustion.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Registered Member

AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin

well i'm going to be putting it in the shop for new exaust, since its the original from 96. has a couple leaks including a cracked exaust manifold on the passenger side. was gonna have the 02's all replaced as well. i'll go ahead an replace the crank sensor this weekend see what happens. Figured these might fix the problem, just figured i'd ask an see what other insight i could get.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Registered Member

maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes

Don't know if you looked at your TPS, but I had the same problem in my civic and that is what it was. It was like there was a rev limiter at 2 grand and the check engine light would come on. Checked the code and it said it was the TPS. Might be something to look at.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by maddnotes
Don't know if you looked at your TPS, but I had the same problem in my civic and that is what it was. It was like there was a rev limiter at 2 grand and the check engine light would come on. Checked the code and it said it was the TPS. Might be something to look at.

yeah i can run the codes again an see...lol TPS is? i'm horrible with abbreviations <---an spelling

edit: lol TPS = throttle postioning sensor....thought about it on the ride home

Last edited by AllMtrRacin; 07-12-2007 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm Kinda A Big Deal

MichelleHoliday has disabled reputation

My vote is the TPS