VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Offroad / 4x4 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/offroad-4x4-47/)
-   -   havin a lil problem.... (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/offroad-4x4-47/havin-lil-problem-195774/)

AllMtrRacin 07-12-2007 03:32 PM

havin a lil problem....

ok so i have a 96 pathfinder an recently it took a lil shit on me while driving home... the MAS went bad on me. well i went ahead an replaced that an the truck ran beautifully for a week. Now on occasion, it decides to fuel cut/rev limit at 2500rpm. everything seems to be in working order, just did a full tune up about 3 months ago so on an so forth. Upon reading the codes, i get a o2 and a crank sensor code. Never had this happen to me before so kinda want to know if either of those sensor codes could be causing the problem? any insight/knowledge would be very helpful. thanks in advanced :cool:

Alice_in_Chains 07-12-2007 03:51 PM

Re: havin a lil problem....

Originally Posted by AllMtrRacin (Post 3226629)
ok so i have a 96 pathfinder an recently it took a lil shit on me while driving home... the MAS went bad on me. well i went ahead an replaced that an the truck ran beautifully for a week. Now on occasion, it decides to fuel cut/rev limit at 2500rpm. everything seems to be in working order, just did a full tune up about 3 months ago so on an so forth. Upon reading the codes, i get a o2 and a crank sensor code. Never had this happen to me before so kinda want to know if either of those sensor codes could be causing the problem? any insight/knowledge would be very helpful. thanks in advanced :cool:

If the motor can't tell where the crank is in relation to the cam and distributor it will advance / retard the timing so much that you could get the symptoms you are describing. Not running right on the timing will give you faulty O2 readings due to incomplete combustion.

AllMtrRacin 07-12-2007 05:30 PM

well i'm going to be putting it in the shop for new exaust, since its the original from 96. has a couple leaks including a cracked exaust manifold on the passenger side. was gonna have the 02's all replaced as well. i'll go ahead an replace the crank sensor this weekend see what happens. Figured these might fix the problem, just figured i'd ask an see what other insight i could get.

maddnotes 07-12-2007 08:43 PM

Don't know if you looked at your TPS, but I had the same problem in my civic and that is what it was. It was like there was a rev limiter at 2 grand and the check engine light would come on. Checked the code and it said it was the TPS. Might be something to look at.

AllMtrRacin 07-12-2007 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by maddnotes (Post 3227704)
Don't know if you looked at your TPS, but I had the same problem in my civic and that is what it was. It was like there was a rev limiter at 2 grand and the check engine light would come on. Checked the code and it said it was the TPS. Might be something to look at.

yeah i can run the codes again an see...lol TPS is? i'm horrible with abbreviations <---an spelling :D

edit: lol TPS = throttle postioning sensor....thought about it on the ride home

MichelleHoliday 07-12-2007 09:51 PM

My vote is the TPS