Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Another NNBS - 12" Cognito, 3" body lift, 44'' Trxus on 20" Weld Dakars

Old 08-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Justa lil 6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Another NNBS - 12" Cognito, 3" body lift, 44'' Trxus on 20" Weld Dakars

Originally Posted by ChevyMudtruck
had a set for a week lol. . . what do you wanna do with the tires . . .. they are an ok street tire but wear fast like any swamper . . they are designed for sand . . . .
well my truck stays pretty much on the street about 90% of the time and i want a good long lasting 33in tire. what would you recommend then?
Old 08-03-2008, 05:06 PM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck
Default Re: Another NNBS - 12" Cognito, 3" body lift, 44'' Trxus on 20" Weld Dakars

Originally Posted by Dang Yo
well my truck stays pretty much on the street about 90% of the time and i want a good long lasting 33in tire. what would you recommend then?
can't go wrong with bfg at's . . . last a long while and don't do bad at all . . use to have a buddy that ran a set on his 04 taco and use to go all kinda places with it unless he got high centered he was good . . .from everything i heard they have good street wear and aren't loud. . . as a mud type guy i like the bfg mud terrains and goodyear mtrs . . . little louder but still good wear . . little worse in sand cuz they dig in . . . . ran a set of 35 mtrs had probably 8 - 10k miles on em and still looked near new . . .
Old 08-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Justa lil 6

Dang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the rough

i have a set of mtr's on my truck now. i was just lazy for about 20,000 miles and never rotated them so the fronts are pretty much done. also at $213+ a tire, i dont really wanna go that route again. i was thinking about the bfg at's but i dont know of any local places at sell them for a decent deal (4 tires mounted and balanced out the door)
Old 08-03-2008, 05:47 PM
Registered Member

brent239 has disabled reputation

what! 20k on an off road tire and your upset, you cant 20k out of a street tire w/o rotation. Quit crying
Old 08-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh

Originally Posted by Dang Yo
anyone have any experience with those tires pictured on that truck? im thinking about getting those as my next set of tires.
Originally Posted by ChevyMudtruck
can't go wrong with bfg at's . . . last a long while and don't do bad at all . . use to have a buddy that ran a set on his 04 taco and use to go all kinda places with it unless he got high centered he was good . . .from everything i heard they have good street wear and aren't loud. . . as a mud type guy i like the bfg mud terrains and goodyear mtrs . . . little louder but still good wear . . little worse in sand cuz they dig in . . . . ran a set of 35 mtrs had probably 8 - 10k miles on em and still looked near new . . .
This man speaks the truth. The truxus tires are pretty much a sand tire. If you want a good tire for the street that will last FOREVER and will see some sand/mud you have to get the bfg at.

My buddy had them on his f350 for the longest time, trying to get rid of them by doing burnouts all the time. They wouldn't die. I've also seen a fullsized ram on 33'' at's eatin in some mud. They're hands down the best tire for a road truck that will see offroad.

Also check merchant's tire. They sell a lot of BFG tires (where i got my mud terrains) and will mount/balance for you.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:09 AM
Justa lil 6

Originally Posted by brent239
what! 20k on an off road tire and your upset, you cant 20k out of a street tire w/o rotation. Quit crying
no where in this thread was i complaining.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:55 AM
Registered Member

willie has disabled reputation

this mother fucker looks like he has tooo much money for his own good SPREAD THE WEALTH just kidding good lookin truck
Old 08-07-2008, 05:12 AM
Slow ass car

Mongoose87 has disabled reputation

Worthless truck, that IFS will be worn slam out in a year.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Registered member

JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74

There are 2 types of people that lift trucks and put big tires on them. The people that do it for attention, and the people who do it to use the truck off road.

As far as the IFS vs Solid axle goes, I used to be a diehard SAS guy. Then I bought and built a 1990 Toyota pickup. The IFS in those trucks while not as strong as a solid axle for sure, will take some abuse. If you don't get stupid with the right hand pedal and don't lock it or put 38's on it, you can make it last. That being said, I have a solid axle in the shed for when the IFS craps out

As far as this truck goes, yeah, that IFS has numbered days.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Registered Member

LoudNLowerd is an unknown quantity at this point

MT baja claws are accually a pretty hard compound tire .. they dont wear as fast as most of the other softer rubber like interco i had a set of 33x12.50's and got almost 50k out of them

Quick Reply: Another NNBS - 12" Cognito, 3" body lift, 44'' Trxus on 20" Weld Dakars