Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need Help Putting Engine Together & Turbo Kit On

Old 02-27-2004, 08:11 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prelude91siT Prelude91siT Prelude91siT Prelude91siT Prelude91siT Prelude91siT Prelude91siT
Default Need Help Putting Engine Together & Turbo Kit On

as topic says. i have a fully built block by gem and a custom turbo kit i would like to install. i was wondering if anybody knew where i could rent a garage for like a week. also was looking for some people willing to help. as i really dont have to much mechanical experience on putting everything together. i would be willing to pay somebody who has experience to help out. as i will need as much help as i can get. if any body is interested or have any ideas or suggestion please feel free to post or email me at prelude91sir@aol.com thanks
Old 02-27-2004, 08:35 AM
SuckSquishBangBlow!!

dsm2nr has disabled reputation
Default Re: Need Help Putting Engine Together & Turbo Kit On

What part of Va. are you in?
Old 02-27-2004, 08:42 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Are you looking to have the install done in CENTRAL Va or did you mis-post a 757 thread? Just wondering...

I don't have a garage. You will need someone with a garage, engine stand, and transmission jack (or regular jack and a tranny support). A few people here have experience and garages, not me however, and Spring Break is coming up for VCU.

You definitely want to get this thing custom tuned right afterwards. I've gotten my car tuned so it will idle and not blow apart, but need to tweak some leaks before getting it re-tuned for driveability and performance.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:37 AM
DILLIGAF?

BadBeck is an unknown quantity at this point

no he posted it in 757 too.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:38 AM
Registered Member

Prelude91siT Prelude91siT Prelude91siT Prelude91siT Prelude91siT Prelude91siT Prelude91siT

i'm in newport news. but my dad has a shop in petersburg(dad be acting funny though). so if i could find some people willing to help in this area we could do it at my dads shop on like a weekend or something. but i would be willing to compensate for the time for the people who have expereince and nows exactly what needs to be done when putting everything together. yeah also plan on getting tuned not sure right away. still deciding what break in method to use on my new block
Old 03-14-2004, 05:29 AM
Registered Member

bump
Old 03-14-2004, 07:23 AM
yea, i'm that guy

fatboyee has disabled reputation

i have absolutely ZERO experience with hondas man, so i'd be copmpletely useless for this project. but if you come across a more simplistic situation shoot me a holla, i work in colonial heights... not far from your dad's place