Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

DMH Fabrication's FD Build

Old 10-28-2010, 03:10 PM
ATGATT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike
Default Re: DMH Fabrication's FD Build

I'm just wondering if there is a local place that can do the same coating swaintech does
Old 10-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Registered Member

69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette

Motor a little more complete.

Originally Posted by btothefnrock
What a gay car. Slower than my RX7. lol
Much much slower haha.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:45 AM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

car looks very good. If I get sick of working in my 13b Ill have to swap to this. Only thing I cant do is mod the subframe according to PRO AM rules. I would love to run a 2j in my FD.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:20 PM
BAMF

GSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to all

Originally Posted by RE-SPECGARAGE
car looks very good. If I get sick of working in my 13b Ill have to swap to this. Only thing I cant do is mod the subframe according to PRO AM rules. I would love to run a 2j in my FD.
Thanks man. Your FD is clean, and I like it even with the 13b. Unfortunately I don't think there's any way to get a 2j into an FD without modifying the subframe. They are definitely great motors.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:15 AM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

Did you look into modding the oil pan at all. I wonder if there is room to mod the pan and not touch the subframe.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:19 PM
BAMF

GSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to all

Originally Posted by RE-SPECGARAGE
Did you look into modding the oil pan at all. I wonder if there is room to mod the pan and not touch the subframe.
I thought about it initially, but the motor is just too tall. The oil pan is already very shallow at the front (where the steering rack sits) and I do not believe it is possible to gain enough clearance from the pan alone. You have to modify the subframe for the sump also.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:35 AM
Registered Member

69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette

Originally Posted by GSXRATED
I thought about it initially, but the motor is just too tall. The oil pan is already very shallow at the front (where the steering rack sits) and I do not believe it is possible to gain enough clearance from the pan alone. You have to modify the subframe for the sump also.
You could just set the motor way up and have to run a gay looking hood. Isn't that what the other swap kits do for the 2JZ in the FD chassis haha. Glad you designed our swap subframes to allow using the stock hood
Old 11-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by 69vette
You could just set the motor way up and have to run a gay looking hood. Isn't that what the other swap kits do for the 2JZ in the FD chassis haha. Glad you designed our swap subframes to allow using the stock hood
Just cut a hole in the hood like the V6 swaps in Civics. Just because it doesn't fit right you shouldn't be deterred from doing it.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:07 PM
BAMF

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Just cut a hole in the hood like the V6 swaps in Civics. Just because it doesn't fit right you shouldn't be deterred from doing it.
Yeah, you're right. Damn the CG height, looks, and any notion of handling! I could have just cut a hole and made the swap 10x easier for myself, lol.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:10 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
FUCK I hate that. Those J-Swaps are so fucking stupid. No Pros to them at all.

Quick Reply: DMH Fabrication's FD Build