Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

DMH Fabrication's FD Build

Old 11-08-2010, 04:23 PM
BACK IN A G8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr
Default Re: DMH Fabrication's FD Build

Sure, it looks different now, i didn't put the new pics up.... but as you said i was wrong for bringing this up in your thread. But I also know that arguing like this will get me nowhere. Which is why i have spent so much getting this car right since the purchase....Thank you

pmed on the manifold work that had to be done...

Last edited by 2ltrgsr; 11-08-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Registered Member

Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars

Originally Posted by TheNiteKid
yeah right dude, i can personally "attest" its had 3 tunes since you guys did it, and was on the verge of blowing that set up, good thing its an inline pro. ask RB or CCC, your maps had huge gaps how is that a good tune ? with boost spiking at almost 28lbs
wow. just wow. So the buyer put at least 2 bad tunes on it (otherwise wouldn't have needed a third), and is trying to blame the builder for bad tunes? You're doing nothing here but discrediting the buyer lol; if he hadn't turned the boost up to 28 and kept the original tune, it'd be fine. Man you're smart
Old 11-08-2010, 04:44 PM
BAMF

GSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to all

Originally Posted by 2ltrgsr
ok the car was supposedly at 12psi but after it was placed on a dyno and proper boost monitoring occurred, we saw a spike at 28psi.
The car's afr's were no where near what you say they were...i can pm you for more info on the matter, because if I say what the A/F ratio was at, it could hurt any future vendor status for you on this forum.
The car was tuned 2 times since i purchased it from you. Ramey tuned it initially to get everything right to drive on. Then Custom Car Care in Yorktown finished it due to there location to my home and there experience ...

Also to comment on your earlier "statement" ....of this being some cheap integra, I don't feel i paid a "cheap price" for supposed quality work.

Thank You, Good Sir.
Proper boost monitoring? How much more "proper" can you get than a hondata datalog from a calibrated map sensor? If you saw a spike to 28 psi, I would say you changed something or blew off a boost referenced line to the wastegate. The car held 10psi rock steady in 30 degree weather, so there is no way the car spiked to 28psi unless something happened between you picking up the car, and tuning it. For that matter, the map sensor on the car did not even read that high, so your story doesn't make much sense. Like said, we did not even tune the car, so whatever you say about a/f ratios is meaningless to either of us. I know for a fact what the a/f ratios were when we worked on it, and when I drove it. It's not unusual for a tune to change with weather conditions and elevation also. It was never fully tuned either as mentioned earlier. You came in here claiming to have had the car tuned 3 times, but now your story has changed. If you have problems with the car, you should have settled it with the seller. This is not the place for it.

I apologize if you took any disrespect from calling the car "cheap". I only meant it did not have that much money in it, and it sold for a cheap price, IMO, for everything that was in the car. I know that motor cost a pretty penny, not to mention the RHD conversion.

Last edited by GSXRATED; 11-08-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:47 PM
BACK IN A G8

2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr

Originally Posted by Lars
wow. just wow. So the buyer put at least 2 bad tunes on it (otherwise wouldn't have needed a third), and is trying to blame the builder for bad tunes? You're doing nothing here but discrediting the buyer lol; if he hadn't turned the boost up to 28 and kept the original tune, it'd be fine. Man you're smart
woah man ...i didn't turn the boost up at all.
Read what i wrote above about the tunes done during my ownership.
I'm not responsible for what nitekid post, But i hope that the remainder of this will go to pm's between me and 69vette
Old 11-08-2010, 04:50 PM
BACK IN A G8

Originally Posted by GSXRATED
Proper boost monitoring? How much more "proper" can you get than a hondata datalog from a calibrated map sensor? If you saw a spike to 28 psi, I would say you changed something or blew off a boost referenced line to the wastegate. The car held 10psi rock steady in 30 degree weather, so there is no way the car spiked to 28psi unless something happened between you picking up the car, and tuning it. For that matter, the map sensor on the car did not even read that high, so your story doesn't make much sense. Like said, we did not even tune the car, so whatever you say about a/f ratios is meaningless to either of us. I know for a fact what the a/f ratios were when we worked on it, and when I drove it. It's not unusual for a tune to change with weather conditions and elevation also. It was never fully tuned either as mentioned earlier. You came in here claiming to have had the car tuned 3 times, but now your story has changed. If you have problems with the car, you should have settled it with the seller. This is not the place for it.

I apologize if you took any disrespect from calling the car "cheap". I only meant it did not have that much money in it, and it sold for a cheap price, IMO, for everything that was in the car. I know that motor cost a pretty penny, not to mention the full professional paint job and RHD conversion.
professional paint job? there's over 16 different runs in the paint and i can pm you the reputable body/paint shop on here that has seen this in person
Please save this for PM's
Old 11-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Registered Member

69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette

the remainder of this will go to pm's between me and 69vette
That's how you should have started out a long time ago when you thought there was any issue so I could have gave you logs and we could have talked and found out what changed once you took the car to cause any of your problems. When it left here it held 10# steady and that was in the winter when it was cold w more dense air.

It's pointless to put all this bs in his thread when the things you are mentioning had nothing to do with any of my work and aren't the least bit true imo. No way you can log the boost you are claiming w the map that was on the car. And it was not "tuned 3 times since you got it" by your own statements. Plus, as I said day 1 I did not tune and would not recommend turning the boost past 14# wo tuning it.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:05 PM
BAMF

GSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to all

professional paint job? there's over 16 different runs in the paint and i can pm you the reputable body/paint shop on here that has seen this in person
Please save this for PM's
My mistake, I thought this was one of the cars we had painted by the body shop we work with, but I was just informed otherwise. Let's keep this thread on topic from here on out. There's enough of this VADrama BS all over the rest of the forum.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:09 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

I just want to know if the gold coating you guys use is the same as the gold coating Swaintech uses
Old 11-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Registered Member

69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette

Originally Posted by marlinspike
I just want to know if the gold coating you guys use is the same as the gold coating Swaintech uses
No, it is not. More than one person makes the coatings.

Don't ask me prices on here! Not a vendor. I didn't respond to you before because you were asking me prices on here.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:18 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Originally Posted by 69vette
No, it is not. More than one person makes the coatings.

Don't ask me prices on here! Not a vendor. I didn't respond to you before because you were asking me prices on here.
Fair enough.

Quick Reply: DMH Fabrication's FD Build